Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you guys ran at the track??? if so what was your time??

just curious has to how much faster the accent is with the swap :confused:

i'm assuming it noticeable (never been in one to drive).:(

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
ONLY1DB said:
have you guys ran at the track??? if so what was your time??

just curious has to how much faster the accent is with the swap :confused:

i'm assuming it noticeable (never been in one to drive).:(
I reckon if i had the money, i'd install SFR remapped ecu with beta ecu adpater,OBX 4-2-1- header,

i'd expect the time's to be around the 14's

·
Registered
27 Posts
My best time was 15.9

I have a 1999 x3
Beta 1
4-2-1 headers
2.25 full exhaust
short ram intake
short shifter

Another beta x3 driver with beta 2 did 16.3
his car was stock beta accent
just met this guy random at the track here in Vancouver BC

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats not an excuse....but how is it easier when you dont get full power...i would rather take the time and do it correctly.

i guess i will see when i do my own uh?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
after spending a day or 2 doing a swap..most of us don't have the energy to match wire's to run a beta ecm with a accent harness..

the accent ecm let's us drive the beta accent on the accent ecu, the tradeoff is that the beta is running on the accent's econocar ecu settings,

pluggina a beta ecu on a beta accent isn't that easy..the pinout's are very different..the wire locations and pinout's are different..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I got 151 crank hp with the alpha ECM on my beta and a 4-2-1 header with 2.25" exhaust and an hks filter...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TAK82 said:
after spending a day or 2 doing a swap..most of us don't have the energy to match wire's to run a beta ecm with a accent harness..

the accent ecm let's us drive the beta accent on the accent ecu, the tradeoff is that the beta is running on the accent's econocar ecu settings,

pluggina a beta ecu on a beta accent isn't that easy..the pinout's are very different..the wire locations and pinout's are different..
I would not do that either....i plan on running with the beta harhness...the accent harhness will be stripped out.

if i remember correctly the ecu just runs the motor and that is all...so removing the whole harhness will not affect the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
On which the 1.6 ecu gives...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
He also has upped compression.

·
Registered
334 Posts
speaking about the ecu, i just plugged in a 2.0 ecu and it fit perfect and runs good. i didnt have to rewire a thing

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
if only we had a book on where all the wire's go for the XD elantra and LC accent

I'm getting ready to send jay my deposit money this week for the Beta accent ECU Adpater.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts