Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read almost all the threads about swapping odometers and I just want to make sure I have this correct.

My girlfriend's car is a 2002 Accent L model without the tach, and she'd really like one, but I want to keep the correct mileage. I see on eBay there seem to be two different types of tach clusters, one with a digital odometer and one with an analog odometer. If we were to get one with an analog odometer, could I just pull the speedo from the old one and swap it into the new cluster to keep the original miles? Also, this would be a plug and play job, right? the tach wiring is already there?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
yea the tach is already there. I have swapped on into my ride. my understanding is that the digital one will not work. If you could find an analog one, that would be better. I'm not sure if the digital one will work even if you swap over the odometer.
But yea, its just plug n play. Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
what you're going to do is buy a gauge cluster with a tach and an ANALOGUE odometer. Everything will plug in and all you'll do is unscrew the speedos from each cluster and swap them. Do NOT buy a digital one because the wiring is not the same. The analogue odometers use a cable that plugs into the tranny to measure miles, the digital ones use an electronic sensor, so you won't be able to plug things in.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I put an 03 tach with white face gauges in and I went from analog to digital so it is possible but there is ALOT of wiring to be done, plus my car is a freak as it's been rewired everywere you can think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts