Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 Accent (1.6L, manual) is completely stock.

Thinking about buying some products from EF, namely their headers and exhaust. Anyone have an opinion on their headers/exhaust vs other companies'?

Regarding springs, EF sells B&G. Jegs sells Eibach, which are a little more expensive. How much would B&G lower, and is the $100 difference between the two worth it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
The EF headers and exhaust are a better deal than from anywhere else. I've been happy with the header.

B&G springs drop the car more and are a little stiffer than the Eibachs. It depends on what you're looking for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks for the quick response. Before I stumbled onto this forum I knew next to nothing about cars. I do know I want to enhance the handling before anything else. From what I've read, coilovers are too stiff for just everyday driving, and I certainly don't plan on doing any racing anytime soon. What I'm looking for is to lower my car about 1 - 1.5 inches and stiffen the ride up a little bit. Not so much it starts hurting my back but just enough so I can take corners a little better without leaning. I understand a rear sway bar may help this too. I'm having a bit of trouble finding a company that makes a rear sway bar for the '05 Accent.

So, Eibach or B&G? :)

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Based on that I would get the Eibach springs, KYB GR-2 struts, a Whiteline rear sway bar and a front strut tower brace of your choosing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
for the exhaust part, i got an evofusion exhaust last summer. i love it, i can't describe it any other way. in my opnion its got a euro sound to it. its not obnoxiously loud like cheap fart cans, its got a great sound. and as far as i can tell its really well built, good welds and mine still looks shinny lol. hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear you enjoy it. Does the EF header connect to the catback without any extra problems? In other words is this something I could do myself or should I have it done at the shop? I hear there may be issues with a possible second oxygen sensor. Also that WAI you use, is it home-made or what? Can you post a screenshot? What are your thoughts on EF's intake?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the EF header & catback setup. Here's my opinion on it. If you plan to run it legaly you'll need a catalytic converter. The cat installs between the first and second o2 sensors. You'll need a cat and someone who can weld stainless steel. If you want to run it illegaly you could try an o2 sensor legnthener ( i forget what it is really called) but it's just a hollow tube you install inbetween the second o2 sensor and the exhaust.The whole EF setup is nice. when you turn on the ac it won't bogg down as bad, but it is cosiderably louder and will buzz around 3500 rpms & up. I got a catalytic converter through "random tech" it was a little under $200 shipped. You can find them cheaper but you get what you pay for. So, to recap you would need the header & catback & catalytic converter and someone who can weld ss. also if you just buy the catback exhaust, what's the point? The header is what makes the difference in power:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
for the wai, its actually the top half of a cai for an eclipse. but you can go to any auto parts store and get some spectre parts to make the top half. or just buy something cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also have the cat-back and header from evofusion and I also think they are great. As mentioned, it does buzz a bit at higher rpm's, but it has a very nice rumble to it. If I had a video with me I'd post it, but I'll have to wait until I get home. As far as fitment, the mechanic did say he had to modify the back piping that leads to the muffler a little bit as it was hitting the frame, but other than that he said it was much more straight forward than most cat-backs he's seen. Not sure if you'd have the same problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts