Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do it?

i mean, how is it tuned, how is the engine still running? what did you have to do to get it to run right?
from what i understand the ECU required to run a turbo has to be very complex, adjusting ingintion timing, fuel / Air mixtures, boost etc..
is the SAFC the only engine management you guys run?
how can the SAFC / SAFC-II do it?

can someone give me an idea of a rough set-up for a turbo LC LC2, running a SAFC / SAFC-II as the management ?? what extra's are needed? Rising rate fuel regs, injectors.. whatever.

please treat me like an idiot who knows very little to explain it :)
i (think) i have asked this before, but fresh ideas / answers would be cool.

thanks all

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
You cant run over 5-6 psi off stock fuel system with turbo and SAFCII. Its what I run but I still need more fuel and I still come accross hiccups and boggings every now and again. yes I need bigger injectors like 290cc or so. any bigger and your car will run like crap. Everyone says to justgo with a E-MAnage from Greddy or a Mega Squirt. I know its doable with an safc but you would need a lot of fuel system upgrades to get more than 170 hp or so.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks.

1) what about the myth that the ECU will adapt to the SAFC's changes??
is is true or is it an urban myth?

2) i thought the E-manage was crap for the Hyundai, and that it dosen't work well at all. ???

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
1. Its true but some of us found that it wont adapt if you disconnect the first 02 sensor...Ive been running mine for 2 months now and it feels great evertime i get in it. No adaptation.

2.It works better than an SAFCII and if you can moderately tune the car with the SAFCII than an Emage will work just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts