Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys looks like im outa here, affter todays ahil storms in south east qld my car is a total mess.
winscreen shattered, hatch window smashed, bonnet, roof side panles hatch etc or dented. only thing left ok is the doors.

i cant imagine the cr being reapariable and as such no more hyundai for me, i am lossing so much due to being hinest and having all mods onteh insurance policy.
ie. a mircotech, strutbraces to name a few things, ohh and stereo :(

i have a heap of parts turbo wise that will be for sale if the car is written offf, these are all listed over at hyper qld/aus forums.

should know ina couple of days whats happeing.

rh1an5 = sad littel boy with no license no car and no turbo

·
Registered
273 Posts
Damn man, that totally sux... and you were finally getting such a good run out of things as well. I'm sure you'll come back stronger than ever with something new though (Tibby, perhaps?)

I'm look into those parts, too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Damn man, sorry to hear bout it. I had a cry when dad spilt pepsi in my car... So i can only imagine what you are goin through...

·
Registered
846 Posts
**** man that sux.

somtimes the insurance company lets you buy the wreck. it was probbly insured for a lot more than its worth, so why dont you buy the wreck and sell it for parts, or better yet, use the insurance to buy another excel, buy the wreck and swap all the goodies!

think about it aye?

best of luck.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the kind words guys, never thought having a car damaged could be so upseting.

its at teh body shop now and i shuold know the outcome in the morning. Personaly i dont think it can be reapaired, i mean it is like every panel is damaged. even using 2nd hand parts/panelsx the respray would cost to much to make it worth repairing.

will just have to wait and see,:pirate:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by rh1an5
[body]
thanks for the kind words guys, never thought having a car damaged could be so upseting.

its at teh body shop now and i shuold know the outcome in the morning. Personaly i dont think it can be reapaired, i mean it is like every panel is damaged. even using 2nd hand parts/panelsx the respray would cost to much to make it worth repairing.

will just have to wait and see,:pirate:
[/body]
If it does get repaired, at least you scored a new re-spray .... You could always offer to pay the difference and go a nice pearl or something.... :D

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
OUCH.. buy the wreck back.. excels usually go for only a coulple of hundred dollars at the auctions.. thats actually providing there are some usable panels left... in your case it could go for peanuts!

·
Registered
280 Posts
haha my car isnt worth traveling to nsw for
well dont get me wrong, i love it, but im sure you can find another excel down the road to transfer bits into. for anyone interested im after around 4k for it but ill post a thread sooner or later

·
Registered
291 Posts
fark dude, sorry to see it in that state. I'm sure your future decisions about cars will be the right ones.....even if its not a Hyundai.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts