Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought Eibach and GR-2 couple months ago didn't have time to put it in. Now I wanna move my lazy a$$ and put them in next friday since it's my day off and I just wanted to make sure of this before I do it. It's a simple one. The nut that is included in GR-2, is that the self locking nut that I have to use? You know, one that was recommanded not to reuse the original one but get new one put in??? Thank you

·
Registered
518 Posts
Do the GR-2 work for lowering?? I'm looking at the eibach springs or dropzone springs and from what I was understanding the GR-2 are just the same as stock???

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
The GR-2 isn't perfect for lowering, but it works well nonetheless. The reason it's not the ideal choice is because the piston rod is the same length is the same as that of the stock struts. Ideally, you want a shock with a shorter piston for a lowered car, but the problem is that the aftermarket struts built that way are WAY expensive.
The GR-2 is stiffer than the stock struts, and so will work fine with a mild drop, say less than 2 inches. They're also very affordable, which makes them a good choice to use with Eibach Pro-Kit springs or anything else that drop the car about 1" to 1.5".

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sweet! I've been wanting to Lower my car since I got it but everybody kept saying there were NO stuts that would work without modifying...and personally I don't feel safe about modding a strut then putting it on my car!

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Originally posted by AccentShow
[body]
I'm looking at the eibach springs or <b>dropzone</b> springs...
[/body]
Do not get the Dropzones. They are cheap. From what I hear, the ride is shitty and won't last very long. Go with the Eibach.

·
Registered
518 Posts
yea but like stickshift said, they should work unless you are dropping it real low or racing it?? I'm just looking for something to drop mine and make it look nice, no racing or anything. What do you recommend without moddifying a strut?? I'm not going to order pedders and spend 800 on 4 struts! I would just spend another 300 and get an air ride setup!

[Edited by AccentShow on Sep 23, 2004 7:32 PM]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts