Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Quick Question??

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  97redtib 
#1 ·
Ok so my car currently has a little over 214K miles on it but I am gettin a new engine in two weeks that has 70K miles on it!! I really dont want my mileage to keep reading 214K once I get my engine! So is there any way I can either reset it or roll it back or do I have to go to the dealership?? Dealership I know is gonna be expensive...Im not concerned bout it getting caught at emissions or anything cause my car is still registered in my parents name in Eastern Washington cause its not only cheaper on insurance (I do pay them for my insurance) and there is no emissions so I dont have to even worry bout doin that! Thanks for any input or suggestions!

#3 ·
You would need to get a new cluster that read the approximate miles that you wanted it to read. It's not hard to do but it can be a legal problem. I would just leave it as-is. Record the date and mileage on both your car and the new engine when you get the swap done then if you go to sell it you can show a potential buyer.

#4 ·
Alright:rolleyes: Is it possible to get a new cluster and if its below the mileage on the new engine and just rotate it up to the correct mileage or is that illegal too!!:confused:

#5 ·
It's illegal to touch your odometer in any shape or way...

So, just write ti down or get a little card that laminated and tape it inside your glovebox with the mileage on the car when you installed it and how many miles were on the engine when it was installed.

It keeps **** simple

howie~

#6 ·
Ok so I cant tamper with it! Dang!! That sh!ts gonna confuse me!! LOL!!:D Alright thanks for the help anyways!! :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.