Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! how can i quick shift my 97 gls elantra? what parts do i need? and how much do you think it will cost me? replys would be much appreciated! thanks!:rambo:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Stick?

If so, there is a spring in the clutch cylinder that you can remove to allow fast engaing and disengaing of the clutch. To remove it, just undo the bolt in the back, letting all the fluid drain out, you should find the spring in there somewhere, ermove it, tighten eveything back up, and repalce the fluid with DOT brake fluid.

dont know about auto...

·
Registered
361 Posts
no he wants to know how to shift w/o using the clutch. i never did it in my elantra... i wasn't comfortable with the way to long for its own good shift throw. my current ride (an 2.0 jetta) has a much for comfortable shift and i can do it in that. the basic idea is to figure out where the rpms of the engine to sycronize with the tranny.

·
Registered
361 Posts
if you dont do it right its bad for your tranny. the syncros will slowly wear down (they can do this anyway but proper clutch use allows manual transmissions and their multitude of parts to last for a few hundred thousand miles) or the gears will strip away and then the gear will be unusable. id say just get a short shifter kit... i think t&w and b&m makes a short shift kit for the j1 elantra but im so far out of the loop i cant be positive

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our name is TWM Performance, but you were close!

We manufacture and sell premium short shift kits with everything you need to install it. Machined parts from high strength steel, quality hardware, instruction manual and special tools to make the installation easier.

Call us toll free if you have any question: 1-877-655-0540

Thanks,

Jean-Sébastien
www.twmperformance.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
twm makes an awesome product. I had their short shifter in my ZX2. I loved it, too bad I had to part the car...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts