Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tiburon and I went two times, once my car wasnt warm yet so as i shifted into second my car bogged and i stopped. The next time he beat me by half a carlenght up to around 65 or 70.
When I raced the tiburon i hadnt done much maintenance in a while, for example about 4 days after that I noticed i was running on 3 motor mounts. my transmission motor mount was totally loose. well i fixed that and then i changed the air filter out for a new one and i got new spark plugs and plug wires and i made a huge difference. we also ran an engine cleaning kit, its like the 3 part one that goes into the gas tank, the oil and into a vaccum hose that cleans the engine from carbon build up or so. it runs a lot better now, so then later that week i raced the scion.

The scion we went three times. Once he beat me off the line, but doing aruond 70 or so i passed him and i stopped when i hit 90 and was ahead of him.
the second time we went again and i was ahead of him when i hit 90. he said he wasnt ready even though he told me to honk 3 times.
the third time we had a good start and i passed him in first bc his gears are really short. second gear i pulled half a carlenght and by the end of third i was almost a carlenght ahead of him.

[Edited by asiman1 on Mar 2, 2006 12:29 PM]

[Edited by asiman1 on Mar 2, 2006 12:31 PM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
scion tc's are nice lookin cars..i'm just not into the elephant texture interior and the leak prone glass roof...i do like the front..Skyline R34ish:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
scion tc's are nice lookin cars..i'm just not into the elephant texture interior and the leak prone glass roof...i do like the front..Skyline R34ish:)
[/body]
i give the TC much respect. in stock form its great handling and peppy, but what makes it so desireable is its factory (warranty covered) upgrades, ie trd's supercharger.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
for sure..i wished hyundai jumped on the tc with the alpine supercharger unit on their gk but they still haven't..probably never will.

between the 2, i'd pick the tc because if factory supplied forced induction

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hyundai is beginning to lean toward competing with the Scions with the new Accent. Look at all the options they're offering. If they're going to do that for their "economy" car they must have plans for their "sports" car. It only makes sense. Especianlly if Toyota feels Hyundai to be a threat to them...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Scion tC are pretty crappy, I test drove one and omg...that thing can't handle, I rather go with the new Civic Si even though I really don't like civics...I would actually rather get a Corolla XRS 6speed than a Scion tC. XRS are like sleepers, people don't expect them to be fast but they are pretty fast, plus the VVTL-i is supposely better than Honda's VTEC.

[Edited by mcentral on Aug 17, 2006 7:15 PM]

·
Registered
253 Posts
yea so the scion has like what 130 hp stock weighs about 4500-6000lbs and even with the trd supercharger only has about 186 hp and the accent starts with 102 and weighs about 2300 lbs hmmm no wonder why you beat him:smoking:

·
Registered
253 Posts
then why was there a scion tc with a trd supercharger 400cc injectors; top fuel power deck and nology 8.5mm hot wires in the august 2006 issue of super street only puttin out only 188.9 h.p. 170.3 lb-ft of torque i still have the issue if you want it

[Edited by irishmanskeske on Aug 25, 2006 2:55 PM]

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
umm i don't know why and no i don't want to see it. a stock scion tc has 160hp period.

this is straight from the scion website
[body]2.4-liter dual overhead cam (DOHC) 16-valve EFI with Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (VVT-i) technology. This - plus a compression ration of 9.6:1 - produce 161 hp @ 5,700 rpm and a hefty 163 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm.[/body]
also trd claims right on their website the supercharger gives UP TO 200 hp

[Edited by ryanolson on Aug 25, 2006 3:50 PM]

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Because you loose power thru the trans. 160 FLYWHEEL HP, stock prolly gets about 130 to the ground. That dyno you have is WHEEL hp.

and stock tc vs. stock accent... Unless the driver is a tard the accent doesn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Originally posted by ryanolson
[body]
errrrm no the Scion TC has 160hp stock and weighs 2970 lbs. ive beat my friend's that has IHE but it was a close race.

[Edited by ryanolson on Aug 25, 2006 12:01 PM]
[/body]
your friend must have launched in third gear. those scions are very quick and even an elantra won't have a chance.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
no they are not that quick. we raced from a stop and i bogged first but quickly caught up to him. why is that hard to believe?

2900/160 = 18.125

2300/140 = 16.42 with a stock beta.

*edit* car and driver gives a 0-60 claim of 7.4 and 1/4 mile of 15.7 @ 88mph for the TC

nothing unbelievable about me or asiman beating one.

[Edited by ryanolson on Aug 25, 2006 8:15 PM]

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Originally posted by ryanolson
[body]
no they are not that quick. we raced from a stop and i bogged first but quickly caught up to him. why is that hard to believe?

2900/160 = 18.125

2300/140 = 16.42 with a stock beta.

*edit* car and driver gives a 0-60 claim of 7.4 and 1/4 mile of 15.7 @ 88mph for the TC

nothing unbelievable about me or asiman beating one.

[Edited by ryanolson on Aug 25, 2006 8:15 PM]
[/body]
kinda hard to beleive still because just like you said your car maybe runs a 16 flat. you bogged off the line but still then caught up to a car that runs 15.7.
you got a bad launch and still manage to beat a car that is faster than yours. i don't really care if you did or didn't...

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Originally posted by mcentral
[body]
Scion tC are pretty crappy, I test drove one and omg...that thing can't handle,
[/body]
it handles the same as the new tibs which isn't that bad.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Yes because they all run 15.712... all of them and all of there drivers can make them go 15.712 everytime they race. I hate it when someone says your 15.5 sec car could not beat my 15.499 second car. 3 tenths of a second?!? Yeah its possible.. even if he bogged the other guy could have bogged as well, shifted short, missed a gear, etc. Also ryans car is not a low 16 sec car. Id put it around the mid 15s atleast.... Asiman did that ( low 16s) breathing thru accent exhaust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts