Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do people think about that Jap Racer 'Black Bonnet' look?

need peoples opinions. a friend said that it would look good on my accent, with a gt wing and black bonnet.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
you should lower your car first =)

The 'black' bonnet is carbon fiber which is how it makes it look black. You can get one from evofusionusa.com or performancestylingcentre.com.au

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sprayed black looks very ordinary unless the rest of the car has the race theme also(I said race not rice)
Just going out and painting your bonnet black on an almost stock car on my oppinion looks terrible. If you had a full kit,moster rims and an angry engine,then the black bonnet looks the part(carbon is always better and functional!)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yep,it's all personal taste but I don't feel bad warning people to what can sometimes look totally out of place. Someone's gonna be pretty annoyed when they spend hundreds on a full size GT wing and bolt it on the back of an accent that is totally stock and wonder why people will openly laugh at the traffic lights...(same with a black bonnet,it CAN look good but it CAN also look like a poor attempt at doing up a car!)
A painted bonned is essentially rice(ie budget appearance mod like vinyl stickers) and a genuine carbon bonnet IS a performance enhancing part(less weight etc)

Even things like altezza lights,some love em and some hate them but there are times when the same car but with other mods(wild body kit) will make the lights look good but on a stocker,looks a bit ordinary!

I just looked at your car in your profile and if it were me,I'd leave it as is,it looks pretty good now. Like was said earlier,get your car lowered(will improve looks and handling for sure-vs debatable increased rice factor) Maybe if the car was lowered FIRST and then re-consider the bonnet?

Have a look at 1SickGS's profile,on his car the (although it IS a carbon bonnet) looks really cool as it goes with the whole theme of the car.

[Edited by LunchieTey on Jan 22, 2006 4:12 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Ok, when your friend said black bonnet.. he probably ment carbon fiber or he doenst know what carbon fiber is and thinks every carbon fiber hood is just 'black'

This is a carbon fiber hood from Evofusionusa.com

This is 1sickgs car (2000-2002) accent

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jan 22, 2006 8:21 AM]

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Real carbon fiber hoods are cool...

but anything else makes me want to vomit...

Id lower it, nice rims, and a non coffe-can exhaust, and just be happy with that, dont try to please all the Honda's, they'll never like you... you drive the anti-honda. So be different.

:)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the opinions. my friend did mean a black bonnent not a carbon fibre bonnent.

he is big on the whole DG (dangerous Goods) being a Fire & Rescue man and says carbon fibre is an added hazard in an accident, eg, if the car catches fire, carbon fibre fumes are supposed to be REAL BAD for you.

i'd prefer the carbon fibre bonnent anyway, it shows to others that you mean what you do, not a half-arsed attempt.

thanks

[Edited by Medic_01 on Jan 22, 2006 11:45 PM]

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well I'm sure if you smash your car and it's on fire,the plastic interior won't do you much good either...and I agree,carbon bonnets are cool and are a legit perforance enhancing device.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
heh, my buddies got a Fox-body stang, and his entire front end and rear end are aluminum. Now that shyts badd... you just cant lean on it... but it weighs around 300 some poulds lighter, and its not all carbon fibery...

Either way.... its all good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts