Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>lantra:"Ok, I used to have a 89 Auto 240SX
I used to race it like this
1, 2, then D. That method was very affective. Try it with yer tib."<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>

Wow, that's the exact same car I used to have. I loved that car, I miss it...I'm going to buy another 240, but stick this time.

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>2000 Red Tiburon SE /w Leather
17" TSW VX-1's /w Toyo Proxes FZ4
Custom CAI, Vibrant Exhaust, Underdrive Pulley
12" Kicker Competitions, Cobalt amps, MTX powered x-over, phoenix gold cap, clarion cd

· Registered
489 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Whoopi:"I BELIEVE the tib gets its full HP at 5500RPMS, so you wanna shift right around there." <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>

Nope. You want to shift right at redline. True you make your power up at 6,000 RPM, but remember, when you shift your RPMS drop lower, and you don't want to drop out of your powerband, so you always want to shift up real high....ie.6700RPM in the tib.

12" Kicker Competitions, Cobalt amps, MTX powered x-over, phoenix gold cap, clarion cd

· Registered
489 Posts
Yeah Lantra, mine was black. I did that kind of driving too, and my torque converter blew after I had my car for a week. I think the problem was unrelated though, because the previous owner had driven it hard. The dealer replaced the torque converter, and I never had a problem again. And I put another 100,000 kms on it afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.