Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have to share this story......

I work for a HVAC company. One of our trucks was parked beside a dumpster at a large commercial building while they were inside working. The garbage truck showed up to pick up the garbage, but the work truck was in the way. The garbage man came inside to ask the guys if they could move the truck for 2 seconds while he dumped the bin into his truck? NO PROB! The two guys working there figured they would have a short break after moving the truck so they both went outside. They both got in the truck, and backed it out. The garbage truck pulled in, dumped the bin and left. Just as the guys were pulling back into the spot, this guy in a Honda whips in and steals the spot. The head mechanic tells his helper to go ask the guy to move, it was their spot and they were just letting the garbage truck empty the bin. The helper goes and tells the guy and his response was "**** off!" (he had his young son in the car too!) The helper proceeded to go back to the truck to tell the head mechanic what was said. This mechanic is 6 foot 7 and 300 lbs.! LOL! He walked up to the window of the Honda, knocked on it and said "Move this car before I embarrass you in front of your son!" :eek:

They got their spot back! LOL!!!!
i have a lot of similar stories... my parents were riding around on their harleys and some stupid bitch in a ford wagon starts cussin them out. we'll i just happened to pull up at the stop sign and see the bitch try and run my parents off their motorcycles. my dad managed to get his bike back up and he went to help my mom pick hers up and i chased the bitch down blocked her in with my pickup. got out she locked the door i punched out the window opened the door and yanked the 300lb woman out of her car(and i'm around 150lbs). that was the one time in my life where i didn't care if i was going to jail, i was going to make the best of it. nothing ever really happened but a few weeks later she tried to run me down in front of my house. the next day she pulled up in front of my house and tried to bitch my ma out, so my ma walked up to her car and kept closing the door on her. i started laughing when she tried to climb across the car and get the passenger door(but you can imagine how that turned out). then she said her husband was going to arrest me, shoot my brother and shoot my ma(nice huh?). i told her go ahead and then when i got out i would make her life a living hell. after a couple circuit court records looked up, turns out she was single and had all her wages garnished. it is a big messed up situation that is still going on...9months later. (p.s. i never kicked her @$$. just threw her on the grass and bitched her out)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
^^I approve of this method, wish I was there to see it^^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to bump an old, worn-out thread, but this one warrants a mature answer:

I been a Professional Driver for 14 years, and a Smith System Defensive Driving Instructor for almost 6 of those years so far. I've also worked in Public Safety up to and including at a Supervisory Level.

1) The OP stated he was following the offending party at a half-car-length. Even at old standards of "one car length per 10 MPH" (as opposed to current standard of 4 seconds of following distance under ideal conditions), he would be tailgating at any speed over 5 MPH. So yes, the offending party is technically correct in insisting he was tailgated.

2) As much as I'm enjoying reading the "revenge tactics" and stories in this thread, and as much as I've fancied doing some of those same things; the legal fact is that the moment you respond to aggression with violence, you're just as much an aggressor as the other guy. You'd both be arrested for Disorderly Conduct, unless someone gets seriously hurt - to which it's now Aggravated Assault - and there's serious time to be spent incarcerated for such actions.

Best bet: Try to reason with each other, apologize for any offensive manners, shake hands, and go on with your lives - they're short enough as is. If it escalates, get out of there, get a description of the person, their vehicle, license plate number, etc., and call 911.

If you're "under attack", then obviously defend yourself until you CAN get out of there, and then GET OUT OF THERE AND CALL FOR HELP!

(Another tip: With GPS-enabled cell phones and E911 systems, the moment a Road Rage situation envelops, I'd already have 911 dialed and ready to press/tap SEND. Once the ****tard starts threatening me, his words (along with my identity and location) are in the hands of the Emergency Services Dispatcher.

Drive focused. Drive smart. Get home safely. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
somedumbfvck said:
I been a Professional Driver for 14 years, and a Smith System Defensive Driving Instructor for almost 6 of those years so far. I've also worked in Public Safety up to and including at a Supervisory Level.

and you're also apparently full of yourself and can't take a joke.

nobody comes to this site, nobody posts on this site, it is only here to amuse us, just like you.

Drive fast. Drive aggressively. Get home. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

·
Registered
7 Posts
.....nobody comes to this site, nobody posts on this site.....
Obviously they do, because you're posting, and being a complete a** doing so.

There are some of us who visit these forums to gather or contribute information which may help others. Obviously, you're not among those types of members here.

FWIW, I already took the joke; and as always, will have my A/C system leak-checked as discussed in the mileage thread.

Drive focused. Drive smart. Get home safely. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i'm sorry for reviving one of my dusty threads too..

but guys, lets be gentlemen and keep the hostile tone down.

thanks..besides,

it doesnt matter if u drive fast or drive smart..just have some thick skin and avoid a potential altercation with hostile motorists, i know the last thing i want is a pissed maniac following you home just to cause serious ruckus

i was the same when i got called a "chink", yes it did hurt me and i wanted to give him the flick and take off, but as a 30 year old, i should know better as an adult and keep my composure..especially when i have a nephew in my life

21 - 29 of 29 Posts