Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my radiator support for my car is bent, is it safe to drive? The frame of the car seems to be perfect and no damage. I just want to know if this is drivable and would just tying a chain around a tree connected to the support will fix this problem?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
IMO it's safe to drive unless the airbags didn't deploy and there is danger of the sensors contacting.

You should be able to straighten it pretty well yourself. The chain around the tree method will pull it back for sure but quite possibly too far. A chain to a long prybar (2x4 board or whatever you have handy) with the bottom stuck behind something so you can pull hard works well, or if you do put the chain around a tree just get it tight and then put your weight on the chain and it should pull it back out.

·
Registered
737 Posts
mine is bent right now(stupid deer) and i've been driving around for a month now with no problems. It should only affect the pannel alignment not your suspension alignment. Its all tied into the chassis so as long as its all connected still you will be fine.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm going to have to fix it because I think it has to be straight to pass inspection. I just wanted to know if it will drive with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts