Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that generally very fast weight loss is a no no, however...
I am still nursing my son. I know this rules out dieting and also burns extra calories.
I decided, instead, to shed these 40 extra pounds, to take on a great exercise program. It is only about 45 minutes 3-4 times a week, but in the first 5 days, that exercise combined with water and portion control alone made me drop 7 lbs. The weight loss has since slowed down some, but i am still losing several lbs a week. Is this a problem or should I count my blessings?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
No more than 2pounds/week of weight loss. Anymore than that it's not healthy.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So should I cut back on the exercise or the portion control?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Exercising 20-30 minutes a day and or every other day should be good. Eliminate and or eat very little of simple sugar foods. ex. soda's, candy, cookies...Eat more protiens (turkey, chicken, fish, and nuts) and good fats from olive oil (extra virgin uncooked) and fish (wild salmon also a good source of protien). Probably a total caloric intake in a day should be between 1700-1800 calories. If you still are loosing more than 2 pounds a week at that amount of calories. Increase caloric intake another 100 calories ex. if you consumed 1800 calories then you would consume 1900 calories a day. If you are loosing less than 2 pounds a week at those calories decrease calorie intake by 100 a day and or increase your exercise routine. Remember to drink plenty of water.
Fresh fruits (natural simple sugars and this is where you should get most all of your simple sugars from but keep these servings minimal) and vegetables are very important too for a healthy body.

Keep working hard and you'll reach your goal...but loose the weight slowly. I'm glad that you're including exercising too.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am eating over 2000 calories a day. I have to since I am still nursing. This is why the weight loss makes little sense. I am a decent amount overweight, and I guess that that much new exercise is just making it come off faster.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I apologize. I forgot you were nursing. Take care of that baby. No low calorie diet for you :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts