Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've sourced enough places thru the internet and found most of what I need for a custom exhaust...problem is now though, is that I have multiple issues. First off, the headers I was looking at are compatible for a 97-2001 Tiburon.OBX i believe. The O2 sensor is just after the flex pipe on this package. My question is/are about the cats on these models of cars. I went to my local library and downloaded a full overview schematic of the RD exhaust system...it shows 2 different types of catylitic converters...one is a CCC type, the other a UCC. From what I can see my car has the CCC type. Has anyone else run into this issue? If I change my headers to the OBX I was looking at this will make me have to install a UCC type converter as that the stock system has the CCC type and the headers would push all the emmissions control stuff further back in the system. I live in Ohio and HAVE to pass bi-yearly E-checks, so.....if I change the cat to a UCC (and, if its even possible!) will I still be able to pass E-check? And again, is there even room under this model to make room for a UCC type cat? Also, maybe I'm mistaken when I look at the schematic, but are there 2 converters on the RD? (a ccc and a ucc?)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts