Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new Forum member and new owner of an '06 Tiburon GT V6 Auto. Beautiful car, solid ride and handling, but seems to need just a little more oomph. Will a simple CAI system do the trick? Anything else need to be done in order to maximize the value of the CAI system? I appreciate any advice, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wytch, a 10 hp gain on my "Delta" engine (V6) would be nice. I've seen CAI kits on ebay for cheap. Seems like an easy bolt on improvement. Anyone ever hear of setting the timing back one degree or so? Someone told me that would get me an extra one or two HP as well.

·
Banned
59 Posts
I installed a Fujita CAI on my '04 i4 Tiburon and I felt a bit more oomph in the 2500-3000 RPM range. I didn't dyno though.

If you're planning on staying NA (naturally aspirated, as opposed to forced induction like super/turbo charging), then the most common pathway is to install intake, exhaust, headers, and a lightweight or underdrive pulley set.

As for me, I'm going only as far as intake/header/exhaust. I'm just waiting on my Injen SES exhaust system (stupid backorder...).

·
Registered
687 Posts
I installed a Fujita CAI on my '04 i4 Tiburon and I felt a bit more oomph in the 2500-3000 RPM range. I didn't dyno though.

If you're planning on staying NA (naturally aspirated, as opposed to forced induction like super/turbo charging), then the most common pathway is to install intake, exhaust, headers, and a lightweight or underdrive pulley set.

As for me, I'm going only as far as intake/header/exhaust. I'm just waiting on my Injen SES exhaust system (stupid backorder...).
Ack! That's the most common pathway towards expensive power, let alone with a RICER tag attached! With a bit of know how and a bit of luck, you can easily put together a turbo kit for around 1200 in parts and labor, if you're lucky.

We turboed a GK Tib here with an old DSM 14b turbo and various parts we found around friend's garages for under 1000 dollars with labor costs including a BBQ and a couple cases of beer. It wasn't the cleanest build, but it can be done.

Howie~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts