Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 1 year research at last I decided that the best swap option for the 1993 X2 SOHC 1.5 8 valve 4G15 is the Mitsubishi 4G92 DOHC mivec 1.6 L engine. The swap of this engine is better and safer than 4G63-T series in many ways if you plan a professional modification since any time you increase the horsepower of the vehicle, you need to look at brakes, suspension, engine management systems, chassis.

Specifications for the Mitsubishi Mirage's engine are as follows:

engine : 4G92
type: transverse in-line 4
bore x stroke: 81.0 x 77.5
capacity: 1597cc
valve train: dohc 16v with MIVEC
compression ratio: 11.0:1
fuel system: multi-point fuel injection
power: 175ps at 7500rpm
torque: 17.0kgm at 7000rpm

that's good for a 1.6 liters an outstanding 175 Hp at a substantial 7500 revs per minute, plus 170 Nm of torque at 7000 rpm. This little engine therefore has a specific power output about 110 Hp per litre enough to rival even some of the best of the current turbo engines. This vehicle was rated by Mitsubishi at 175 Hp but as my reseached showed some tests with stock engines and computer in conversion only produces around 150 Hp at the flywheel. But still you can increase this with minor modifications to 200 Hp safely.

Related to 4G63-T, This swap is the best option if you want to drive your vehicle for everyday use and want the car to have good traction, handle consistently when you accelerate and wnt to be aware of chassis twist problem. I will start the swap in 6 months and I will post the pictures as the process goes by. I plan to use the clutch assembly, front and rear Evolution 3 brakes or third generation Sonata break conversion, axles, front struts, stock exhaust manifold, intake manifold, computer, wiring harness, radiator, engine mounts, the stock muffler and exhaust system of Mitsubishi Mirage. The only thing I am not sure is the gearbox, a stock Mirage or Excel standard 5 Fwd. All this parts cost about 5000 $ except shiping and instalation costs. Wish me luck.

Bond

[Edited by Bond on Jun 25, 2003 10:04 AM]

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey whats up yeah i new to this forum so maybe you could help me out i have a 91 excel 4 speed manuel and i was wanting to do a motor swap but i never have heard any one fixing up a excel at least there's not one around where i live. but i need to know what is the best motor that produces the most power that will fit in my 91 excel. because im going to run about 10 to 18 pounds of boost. i want to turn head when i do this. and where could i get this engine. if you could provide me with this info i would really appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts