Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accent has been getting really bad gas mileage something around 15-18 miles per gallon depending how much I drive in the city...any recommendations...my car has 27000 miles on it so a tune up is going to be on the way, but will that really help that much...any other suggestions

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Try a new air filter.......followed by an ECU re-set!.

Nick.:)

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Originally posted by BLACKENEDSOUL
[body]
My accent has been getting really bad gas mileage something around 15-18 miles per gallon depending how much I drive in the city...any recommendations...my car has 27000 miles on it so a tune up is going to be on the way, but will that really help that much...any other suggestions
[/body]
i question your ability to maintain yor car.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
i question your ability to maintain yor car.
[/body]
He didn't ask your opinion how he maintains his car... He is looking for help...

I would check the sparkplugs/wires as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Also check the tire pressures make sure they are in the correct pressures. Easy on the gas pedal and if you see a red way ahead of time make sure you let go of the gas pedal and just roll:smoking:.. Not like some people I see on the road they see a red light but they still barrel down to the light and press on their brakes really hard.:puzzled:. Also dont be like my uncle who uses his van as storage for his band equipment and uses it as a daily driver + extra weight :dead:.

·
Registered
737 Posts
my automatic 2000 1.5 gets anywhere from 18-25 in the city based on the conditions
it has nothing to do with the tune, gas mileage hasn't been that great since i've had the car, I know the automatics don't do well on gas and the 1.5s aren't as good on gas as the 1.6s manual or automatic.

I can't explain why it gets such bad gas mileage besides that the automatic on mine sucks up a lot of power. The 1.5 is an old design that isn't all that efficient compared to the newer motor designs. Try anything you want to get better gas mileage it won't help that much i've been trying for the past 5 years.

also I forgot to add that my gas mileage suffers the most with a/c on during the summer and anytime during the winter

[Edited by andy on Dec 9, 2005 4:04 PM]

·
Registered
978 Posts
quit driving backwards. If you go forwards (the way you face when sitting in the car) you get better gas mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts