Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried the search and i couldn't find what i was looking for so a little help and a little guidance would be appreciated. thanx in advance. is it possible to swap out the rear drums for disk brakes on an rd tib? what do i need? were should i turn? and how much can i look to spend? thanx again

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I thought the RD's had rear disk brakes. If not find one that does at the wreckers and take all the goodies. Might need the parking brake cable and brackets too if they're different than yours.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Whats gunna hold his caliper in place? You will need the spindle assembley most likely as well.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Yeah, that's what I figured. I guess I should have elaborated on the goodies I think he would need. Basically everything from the spindle on out plus any brackets and the e-brake cable if different than his just to be sure everything is there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx

i'm not your average dummie, i figured that there would be spindle, brackets, ect to worry about. thanks for the help

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
And I wasn't accusing you of being (or thinking you were) a dummy. Sometimes on here you have to talk to the least experienced person who could be interested in reading the topic, not just the one who asked the question. I know a lot of people would have forgotten the spindle and just left with the caliper and rotor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts