Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So, I got a lip for my elantra...and am having second thoughts about installing it..drilling holes into my 07 car..AH...idk if i always want it too. anyway, my question is- if I "install" it just with 3m tape is that gonna be strong enough? its a really lightweight lip..wouldnt sway or anything like a wing would...what do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i wouldnt trust the 3m tape at highway speed.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If its the underside of the fornt bumper (which I think it is) then it doesnt really matter. Drill it and if you dont like it take it off. Noone can see it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like he is talking about one of the lip spoilers for the rear decklid, (trunk-lid,) possibly one of the products available at shark racing.

I have looked into getting one with the LED, third brake light, but I am faced with the same problem----to drill or not to drill.

3M tape will only hold for so long.

The last thing you want is to have an insurance claim against you for a windshield because a part flew off of your car.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Those do require 2 small holes to secure them. I suggest using a rubber gasket to protect the paint though.

I think the car would look good with a lip spoiler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts