Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2004 Hyundai Accent 5 speed, and i just replaced my bosch plat. 4 plugs with NGK Iridium ones, and both sets have come out with like a redish dust on them. Any ideas of why, or what it means?
-thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Red coating on plug is from fuel additive in unleaded fuel. Did you add any octane booster or any additives in gas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did. Octane Boost.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They you go throw that crap away you dont need it unless you re maped the ecu and I hope you are puting 87 octane in ur car cuz u dont need 91-93 it will not gain you any power unless you changed ur ecu

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They you go throw that crap away you dont need it unless you re maped the ecu and I hope you are puting 87 octane in ur car cuz u dont need 91-93 it will not gain you any power unless you changed ur ecu
When is a good time to remap an ecu, CAI Exhaust and stuff wouldnt need it would it?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Not really...

Even if you did put that OTC octane booster, it doesn't really work anyways... You'll have to buy GOOD octane booster like Torco to be of any use. From what I've experienced, Torco doesn't foul up plugs either. If you want to remap your ECU, just pretend like you're an extra in F&F and drive like a douche for 20 miles and you'll be fine.

Howie~

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not really...

just pretend like you're an extra in F&F and drive like a douche for 20 miles and you'll be fine.

Howie~
wow that sounds fun. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts