Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, i would really hate to push my car to limits, to see but, i need to know exactly what the MPH is redline on the sohc accents cuz i have no tachometer so i have to guess i have went to this 1st-26-2nd-40-3rd-60-4th-85-5th idk so can i go higher or wut i have no idea i wish i had a rpm gauge so bad but if u guys could help me i can stick with my speedometer and be ok...

FOR EXAMPLE REDLINE 1st at 32 MPH :) so yeh give it to me like that i know what the actual redline is but not the mph at which it is obtained and what gears

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO i need to know when i should shift at what MPH like redline at 32 mph in 1 st gear u know like that

·
Registered
71 Posts
The redline is abt 5500 - 6000, but my advice is not to rev that much. When you feel that your car is startin to scream just shift, don't let the motor scream too much it hurts the motor, play by the ear if it is a manual :)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
OK, i would really hate to push my car to limits, to see but, i need to know exactly what the MPH is redline on the sohc accents cuz i have no tachometer so i have to guess i have went to this 1st-26-2nd-40-3rd-60-4th-85-5th idk so can i go higher or wut i have no idea i wish i had a rpm gauge so bad but if u guys could help me i can stick with my speedometer and be ok...

FOR EXAMPLE REDLINE 1st at 32 MPH :) so yeh give it to me like that i know what the actual redline is but not the mph at which it is obtained and what gears
I have a 2002 1.5l Sock (I mean SOHC).:D

I get fuel cutout at:

1st gear 28-30mph
2nd gear 50-53mph
3rd gear 80-81mph
4th gear Never found the top of, always got impatient and shifted to 5th. It's more than 100mph though.:eek:
5th gear you won't hit the top NA, too much air drag. But there's been reports of them doing 125-132ish.:D

eta:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are u serious on the 1.5L sohc motor ???? 50 in second wow ill try it later and 3rd really goes to 80 wtf.... are u sure i know at 40 mph in second the car is really winding hard

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
It depends on how open your throttle is when you get to the top of the gear.

WOT means you'll have cut-out problems before you actually get those last 1 or 2 mph.
Barely accelerating at the end will occasionally get you that last bit of speed. Of course, it's pointless for a race to be barely accelerating at the end of the gear, but you asked for the limits.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I couldn't tell you the shifting points, by my Accent took me to over 215 KPH, and was still (slowly) climbing, I had to pull off due to an upcoming curve. Keep in mind my car was fairly stock at the time, so if you've done anything to yours you should be able to blow by that stat. I know this doesn't help with shift points, but should give you an idea when you'll tap out.

Craig McKee
unrealitymagic.ca

1 - 8 of 8 Posts