Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come they are not allowed. Seems kind of odd to me. We can have all these post with work warnings showing a whole lota T 'N' A why cant we have religous post. we could just put a warning on thoes as well. Heaven forbid we actually had a though provoking topic on these boards.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
we dont because it ends up being a huge flame

ive seen it on other forums

religion and race bring up more hatred toward one another than any other thing

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...:hmmm:

Religious posts tends to be a sensitive topic in message boards that can't be discuss in a matured manner, generally ending in flames. NSFW post usually entices the senses which is generally approved by the majority.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Look, the rule on "No posts on religion" has been around for YEARS, and for good reason. The subject cannot be debated in a calm and considerate manner in this context of this car forum, therefore it doesnt get debated here. There are enough people who cannot debate the topic at a reasonable intellectual level to be thought provoking that it cant happen. Same goes with topics of race.

The only place I've seen religious matters discussed reasonably on a message board is on Off-Topic.net in their On-topic forum, and occasionally in the Asylum. Understandably, the rules for outright flaming are fairly harsh (instant ip ban if I remember correctly) and even still its only manageable. If you want to have a theological debate, try their boards.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Skierd, How many? this Forum goes back to 2001...

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=2217

It just doesn't make sense to me. I understand rules are rules, but why is it we are allowed to FLAME, Off-topic or debate any topic as long as we're civil, But we can't be trusted to do it with religion? Sounds like a double standard based on personal beliefs more than it does protection from the evils of disagreement over God...

Just wondering...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
ok basically with flame its one on one or one on a couple and off topic stuff is just that general interest

but when religon comes into play people will begin to attack not just one persons belief but a large group of people

sure we could discuse religon but it wont be maturely im sorry about that but some people were brought up to hate/dislike certain religons and a debate wont change that

there really isnt any rules stating we cant sware in posts but yet we edit stuff because some people might find offense

its for the good of the forum

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Holy ****in Moses........I can't believe we got 3 threads now of this ****.

Look around man. People are beheading people because of religion, civil wars over religion.... and you expect a post where anyone with any ethnic or religious background can read and respond to be anything other than civil? Bullshit.

In this forum I have personally been told I was a worthless piece of **** because I didn't believe in what someone else was trying to preach.
If I wasn't such a worthless piece of ****, I might have gotten offended.

There are probably billions of other places you can discuss your religion..........you've been told t keep it out of here. Quit acting like a bunch of babies who ask "why" when their parents tell them to stop.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Originally posted by CHUCK/LILBIT
[body]
Skierd, How many? this Forum goes back to 2001...

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=2217

It just doesn't make sense to me. I understand rules are rules, but why is it we are allowed to FLAME, Off-topic or debate any topic as long as we're civil, But we can't be trusted to do it with religion? Sounds like a double standard based on personal beliefs more than it does protection from the evils of disagreement over God...

Just wondering...
[/body]
Notice the date, the timing, and the location of the poster. That post was made 11 days after 9/11 came down, and Dani lives in the NYC area and if I remember right was in Manhattan that morning. It was a special case for a difficult time for a lot of people. Also, 3 years ago counts as YEARS.

And NO, the people who contribute to this forum cant debate religion in a reasonable fashion. You should have seen that in how quickly your post turned into a flame war, esp in the garbage post by the user GodHatesYou. Immaturity like that is why we dont allow these posts here. There are other places for it, so by all means debate it to your hearts content somewhere else, such as where I suggested. Religious debates always degrade into personal attacks, and personal attacks are NOT allowed, hence religious debates are not allowed. This rule aint changing people.

Blacktibby gives another good example: we cant even debate about debating religion without someone flaming. Hence, this thread is locked too. If you still have an issue with it Chuck, or anyone else, feel free to contact myself or one of the admins directly. All of us have our contact info listed.

**LOCKED**

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.