Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ihave a 2005 accent that i have the remote starter wired but it will not start
the car cranks but does not fire. i noticed if the key is in and on the on position it starts with the remote starter but if the key is not in it just cranks.
1 other question which wire is used to flash the lights would not mined the blinker lights or hazards

·
Registered
7 Posts
You probably have a transponder key. You know that little chip inside your key. You're going to need a bypass module like the 556U made by DEI. You can pick that up at Fry's Electronics, or Best Buy or something. Be prepared to pay what I consider alot. Or you can go to eBay and find one for around $20.

I dont quite understand when you say "1 other question which wire is used to flash the lights would not mined the blinker lights or hazards " If you're planning to flash the headlights only, dont do it.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
check your manual and see if you have to have the alarm "Learn" your tach signal. Mine turns on.. than turns off because I dont have the tach learned (too lazy to do it every time I unplug the battery). So check your manual and see if it says anything about Tach Learning. Or they maybe hooked your autostart up to the wrong wire for the tach. But I would consult your manual.

I just read the post again.. could be the transponder in the key like said above.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 20, 2006 9:53 AM]

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
There are no chips or transponders in Accent Keys. Otherwise my aftermarket switchblade key wouldnt start my car, but oh yes it does. You might want to take the car to a professional and have them install the remote start, there tricky little buggers for novices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree. i have most of it wired the car cranks and all but does not fire. to cold right now to be outside working on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts