Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an alarm off of ebay that is not a name brand and it came with the optional window roll up feature. I have looked at webtech and it is a little confusing but I can figure it out. Has anyone else installed this option on there car? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'm good with decoding wiring harnesses and diagrams......but I suck at car audio install. If you could tell me what the directions say, I can tell you which wires to tap.
Obviously you're going to need to run a wire that gets power after the car is off. Once you turn the key off, the window motors don't get power.

The diagram on webtech here

is oriented so if you pulled the wire harness out of the switch and looked right at it (you'd see the contacts in the harness).
All you would need to do is run your alarm brain and a power source to the master window switch (D03 in the diagram)

If you don't have a voltmeter, you should get one for this job.

OK, Left hand switch on main harness.....
Pin 1 is always hot when car is on, pin 3 is always ground
To roll window up pins 1 and 5 are hot, 6 and 3 are grounded.
To roll window down pins 1 and 6 get power
pins 5 and 3 are grounded

Right hand switch, main harness

Up
1 and 7 get power
8 and 3 are grounded

Down
1 and 8 get power
7 and 3 are grounded.

I recommend you wire both windows at the harness on the driver side, this way if for some reason you hit the passenger window lock button your passenger window will still roll up.

Does this make sense?
When the switch is used, polarity is reversed, thus the need for all this complication. I hope this helps.

[Edited by BlackTibby on Sep 22, 2004 10:01 PM]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I will be working on the windows this weekend. Thanks for the explination it helped clear some things up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts