Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out and removed the resonator crap on the intake (the part inside the fender well) from my GT. It goes from the top of the fender well down to a resonator box and then back inside the engine bay and ends up right in front of the battery! Now it should take in air right from the top inside edge of the fenderwell which should be high enough up to not ever worry about water in the intake anyway. I'm waiting for the apartment maintenance guy to come fix my damn toilet after they broke my water line the other day. Will post the butt dyno later today.

To take it out you need to do the following:
1. Take off front driver side wheel.
2. Undo the fenderwell cover up to mid-point of wheel arch. Pull it down and back out of the way.
3. There's one 10mm bolt on the front side of the resonator and one on the back side. Take them out.
4. Pop the hood and remove the plastic shrouding over the battery (not over the airbox).
5. On the front side of the battery is where the intake ends up. There is one 12mm bolt holding it to the battery tray. Remove this. Then you can take out the resonator box and intake hose all in one piece without permanantly ****ing anything up in case you ever need to re-install it for any reason.
6. Put everything back together. You should only have 2 nuts and one bolt leftover that are not used. If you have more you screwed up.
7. Put the wheel back on and go for a drive.

You can look at the intake diagram on the Hyundai parts extranet to get a visual before you start.

Later,
JustinL

<hr noshade width=60% size=1 align=left>2003 Tiburon GT Ultrasports package 1
Modifications: Big ass smile on my face when I drive!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ya I think removing all that crap is gonna make a big difference. When I put on my CAI it made a difference that was very noticable. Curious myself about removing the resonator stuff.

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>1999 Hyundai Sonata GL V6
H7 Blue Eurolite
GLS Chrome Grill
Custom Intake/Header/Exhaust
55 shot Nitrous Express

--no longer with me--
1997 Hyundai Tiburon
Was a brave soul when combating the evil forces.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah the butt dyno registers a bit of difference and there's a little snarl now as the revs come up. Obviously not as good as a cai will be but you gotta do the free mods first.

JustinL

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>2003 Tiburon GT V6 Ultrasports package 1
Modifications: Big ass smile on my face when I drive!

K&N panel filter
Removed intake resonator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts