Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 accent 2 dr. How in the world do I take this thing off... ive looked for a clip and I cant find one anywhere... Thanks!

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just push the door a little and look behind the window crank there will be a little c looking clip just push it out watch out because it will shoot out and you need that clamp

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I wasn't being a dick about it. It's just that there are so many people that come on and start posting questions that have been answered several times before.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i'll post it just to stop em from crying.

go to home depot and buy a cotter pin extractor..$6.00

the cotter pin is holding to crank to the door panel...

find the sweet spot of the pin and pull it out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes I have seen all the posts, and I still can't get it. I tried to just pull it off, and i tried what hmaservice.com said with the cloth. So what else should I try? Am I not doing the cloth thing right. I read about getting a cotter pin remover...but I don't even see a cotter pin.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Take a rag (like a kitchen rag or shop towel but not micro fiber you'll just tear it up) anyway take a rag and fold it around the crank down by where the cranks plastic washer is, then give it a pull and twist, like your shining a shoe (as seen on various movies where a guy gets a shoe shine at the airport or something) When you are "shining" the crank... haha
your main adjective is to get the rag to snag the pin and send it flying...
watch you eye though... if you can. This is the only way I've ever got the pin of the accents doors. That pin remove is over-rated and useless, unless your trying to scratch your panels up. I can't remember if the pin is between the crank & washer or between the washer & door.
Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Washer and the crank it should be...
Make sure you put the washer on the right way or it will space the crank out about 3mm from the door panel...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
132 Posts
yes, that made all the difference. i found out before you guys told me though. its between the washer and the crank, not the washer and the door. huge difference huh? what i did was i put a flat head screwdriver inbetween and then pushed the pin out...worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got my window crank off so I could replace my front speakers on my 2005 Hyundai Accent 2 door.
The rag trick did not work for me, partly because I wasn't sure exactly what the rag was trying to snag or best place to place the rag. I wasn't able to visually see the spring clip, and wasn't sure if the rag was supposed to go between the crank and washer, or between the washer and door.
Turns out my spring clip was between the washer and door. I decided to upload photos so anyone else faced with removing the handle can visually understand what they need to grab (either with the rag, or with a fabricated hook)
I used a bike spoke and finally caught the spring after several blind tries (you can see all the scratches which fortunately are hidden once the handle is replaced).
Note the orientation of the spring in relation to the crank, and also note that the washer can turn with the bulge possibly getting in the way of easy removal, so you may need to spin the washer to move that bulge for best success.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts