Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not very straightforward how to remove windshield that rubber molding outside seems to be glued with windshield glue tried pulling it out without luck on donor car.

I used to take windshield out intact with piece of strong wire and awl (to make initial hole for wire) no problem planing to do the same.

On my home car i plan to break windshield in the middle and then take piece by piece out so i have nice intact molding, clear old glue and try to glue it in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured it out how to take out out, no biggie that plastic trim just pulls out its just the car i was looking at has probably 400 miles and it just melted into the frame and was breaking when taking out.

Okay here's the question though every frigging Accent i see on the junk yard has cracked windshield some have same ugly crack going across just like on mine, and another thing i notice is dash also cracked!

To me it looks like the frame is not solid and moves that causes above problems or its just one big coincidence?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello if you need any advice regarding auto glass, I'm a master tech with justshy of twenty years in the industry and I'd BE HAPPY to talk you thru what appropriate tools you need (CAN BE HAD ON AMAZON FOR RELATIVELY CHEAP) and how to weild those tools properly. In the auto glass trade we've come along LONG. LONG LONG WAY from the piano wire days even twenyears ago that was more or less an obsolete method of extraction
. But yeah holler at me with any questions you may have. Hope I can be of some help. There's very very sketchy "AUTO GLASS" places advertising spewing nonsense about there fancy resins equipment all that. It's a farce. One example. You see a nuclear scientist on television telling folks about nuclear science. The logical thing to do would be to believe the so called scientist but he's reading ascript. Any tips tricks can be backed up by every auto manufactures only!anet earth my information is solid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts