Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an H on the front and back, and a Hyundai on the back left and an Accent on the back right. Which, if any, are going to leave holes after I remove them? I was thinking about just taking the Hyundai and Accent off and leaving the H's on the front and back.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
453 Posts
That sounds like a good idea.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if the Hyundai or Accent badges will leave a hole?

By the way - ozone - whiteline sway bars should work on an '05 as well as on an '02 right?

·
Registered
453 Posts
The "hyundai" & "accent" sticker shouldn't leave any holes. If the badges are chrome looking or look like they are sticking out about a quarter of an inch then they'll probably leave holes. I removed the "hyundai & accent" stickers off mine with no problems, but I left the h's because they will leave holes. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to the whiteline question, I only know the 02 accent model. I'm not a hardcore hyundai guy. I just know how to "tune" cars for fun.:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
glad to help

·
Registered
453 Posts
"187sks" knows what he's talkin about. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm doing this at the very moment and I was just going to come and ask these same questions. Removing the badges isn't going to leave any holes, they don't do that sort of thing anymore. I'm going to be leaving the H's on because I think that it would look strange not having it. I don't know if the H badge will leave holes though.

I have a question of my own reguarding removing the badges from my 05 accent. I removed the Accent part but it seems like there is a sticker that was under it that's on the paint and I can't figure out how to remove it. There is an outline from the sticker that says accent. I was also wondering what can I use that can make the glue come off easier, right now I'm using a blow dryer and using a think piece of plastic to remove the badges and glue.

Any help would be great guys thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was plenty hot this weekend (100+ F) so I just used some dental floss to get the Hyundai and Accent off, leaving a bunch of gooey dried glue. After much elbow grease with WD-40 I managed to get most of it off. Then I tried a kitchen sponge with dish soap. That got the rest of the goo off. It looked nice but this morning I looked at my car from the side and saw clearly Hyundai and Accent. :) So I guess I need to find some polish!

·
Registered
159 Posts
i used goo gone to get the glue off. it worked very well and i dont see any residue at all and havnt ever since i used it. you can pick it up at any supermarket or general store. its an orange liquid in a clear bottle with a citrus smell to it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
^^A friend of mine had some of this stuff too and it worked so much better. I would suggest using this product if your going to be removing your badges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts