Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently left my husband for assault and thought i had a fresh start. But I found out today that my car has a built in GPS through the factory installed radio/cd player that will allow him to find my car AND since we are both on the title have it shut down. Don't know if it's true but has me very concerned. How do I know if there is a GPS and if there is how do I disable it... I don't have the money for one of those finder things. Someone said if I take out the radio it will disable GPS. Any knowledge will help immensely.:)

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Exactly how would your ex find you using the cars GPS?? My wife has an 07 Accent and as far as I know there is NO GPS anything in that model of Accent!?

If you're truly concerned, call the dealership and ask to speak to the service manager and ask him if the car came equipped with anything like that. But I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yeah im pretty sure only cops and emergency peeps have that privilege
ie. if the car is stolen they can track it and shut it down or emergency vehicles in accident cenarios. not just anyone can do it.
If your car even has a gps tracker. Which im thinking that it does not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not something factory and DEFINITELY not through the factory radio or navigation. He may have had something installed... it would usually be under the drivers dash, black box maybe the size of a cellphone or a bit larger with some lights on it. A professional electronics installer could search for it and find it if you actually have one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts