Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Spectra LX 5 speed Manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I'm a newbie here.

So a little while ago my radiator popped, the plastic bracket on top cracked and pissed coolant on my engine. Since then i replaced my radiator with a Dual core aluminum radiator. I've got a friend telling me I'm going to cause major problems in my engine because the water pump can't pump as much as the new radiator allows and that my thermostat will stay closed and ruin my engine. The radiator works maybe to well. I got a "coolant temp too low" warning on my car after the replacement. I cleared it with a reader the first time. Second time it came on it turned itself off the next day.i think i may have not warmed it up enough on a chilly day.
Another friend telling me just replacing the thermostat will help.

Primary question, am i going to ruin my Beta-II engine (G4GC) by having to big a radiator? Should i look into high flow water pumps or a thermostat replacement? Or should i just blow up my car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try finding an oem replacement and sell the big boi one or if it has two fans try removin fm one or downgrading to smaller fan the problem is that the core is to much and it won’t let you mr coolant get up to temp I don’t think it would be your thermostat but I would be safe and replace it anyeay

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey all, I'm a newbie here.

So a little while ago my radiator popped, the plastic bracket on top cracked and pissed coolant on my engine. Since then i replaced my radiator with a Dual core aluminum radiator. I've got a friend telling me I'm going to cause major problems in my engine because the water pump can't pump as much as the new radiator allows and that my thermostat will stay closed and ruin my engine. The radiator works maybe to well. I got a "coolant temp too low" warning on my car after the replacement. I cleared it with a reader the first time. Second time it came on it turned itself off the next day.i think i may have not warmed it up enough on a chilly day.
Another friend telling me just replacing the thermostat will help.

Primary question, am i going to ruin my Beta-II engine (G4GC) by having to big a radiator? Should i look into high flow water pumps or a thermostat replacement? Or should i just blow up my car?
Also yeas it can hurt your engine and decrease performance so don’t over do it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts