Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this before of their accent? i just purchased new speakers since the factory ones got blown. i tried replacing the rear speakers yesterday but it seemed complicated.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
what year accent and what body style. I don't know how the ones in the sedans work but the rear speakers in the hatchback are stupid-easy. mine is a 2002 and all you do is unscrew the covers and put the new ones in. the ones in the front doors are a pain, just because door panels are a pain in the ass.

give us some info

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 2000 sedan. i thought the cover for the speaker pops off but as i tried it with a flat head it broke. i wasn't on planning on doing it to the second one so i stopped. but for the first one i unscrewed 3 screws(had to use a screwdriver in little length since the rear window dont give that much room to work with). the 4th screw which was da furthest back was left screwed in. for how little my screwdriver was i wast able to unscrew in. my guess is that i needed to use a flex bit(for the drill)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Big trouble to change factory speaker in accent 1999 hatchback it sucks!!!!but in rear is a real joke

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have replaced the 4" in the doors with 5 1/4" and the 5 1/4" in the rear deck to 6 1/2" in my '99 X3 GSi.
Some creative use of 1/2" MDF created mounting rings that screwed in to the stock holes, but then allowed larger speakers to screw onto the ring.

Doing the rears, I found it easier to remove the speaker deck from the car to allow access ... if I remember, I had to remove the seatbelt to get the deck out (I almost have to go and look it's been a while! :D)

If anyone wants or needs, I might be able to go and take some pics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pics would be appreactiated. i also tried the front doors but the panel was still hard after unscrewing everything. but my main concern is the rear. what would be the easiest way in connecting it? i was thinking of using the same speaker wire thats already running to the deck.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'll see what I can do about some pics.
What do you mean the door panel was hard? Do you mean stuck?
BTW, with my mod, I wasn't able to use the front speaker grills, and I haven't put anything else over the speaker, but I haven't killed it in 2 years either, so ...
It just looks *******/ricer :(

With regards to the wiring, yeah I left the stock wires in place, and wired my amps back to those wires to go to the speakers.
The only speaker with a new wire is my 10" Sub.
I'll try for pics tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts