Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody done it on an 04? or similar? Would like to know how, step by step, as the AC/Heat/Defrost all still are doing something, but the fan isn't blowing. Problem started intermittently, and pushing on the switch would engage the fan, and eventually, that didn't work. So.. I'm pretty sure it's just the switch. So.. how do I get at it? and replace it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're talking about the heater controls inside the car, all you have to do is remove the ash tray, open it and there's a little tab that can be pressed down once it's open to haul it out. then there will be 2 screws behind where the ash tray just came out, remove both. then give the hole bottom unit a tug and it should come out. Then all you have to do is disconnect the connectors and remove the unit, and replace what ever is necessary, which just screws into that panel.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Also, Double check if the fan is working on level 4 (high) only - this is typical of a blown blower resistor. I would say the fan speed switch is common though, heck.. I stock it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my fan worked intermittently for several months, and then just quit completely. it turned out to be the 'blower relay' which is behind the coin box on the lower left side of the dash in my accent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts