Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever replace their own lifters on a 2000 tibby and if so did u put the stock hydraulic lifters or put roller lifters becuz im replacing mine and would like to put the rollers in but dont know what i have to do
want rollers for when i put the turbo on by the way

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you find the lifters you tell me.. Hyundai motors have spring buckets and shims no rockers or lifters.. They are cam over valve.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
imcastock said:
If you find the lifters you tell me.. Hyundai motors have spring buckets and shims no rockers or lifters.. They are cam over valve.

I believe in 2000 they had HLA's, 2001 was soild, or mechanical 'lifters', or what you describe with the shims.

Why in the hell would you want rollers? That will do exaclty zip for you car.. plus, im very sure they are not made. You buy stock lifters, cause thats all there is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the stock 2000 tiburon came with hydraulic lifters i took the valve cover off to replace the valve cover gasket and it had hydraulic lifters and u can get roller lifters for it the newer 2.0 have roller lifters in them but im getting rid of it anyway because they are nice but no power and not enough performance parts for them and u people must not know **** i dont know y u have a forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts