Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the Tib/accent ECUS pin #60 is the reprogramming wire for the data link obdii scanner. What exactly can be reprogrammed through that? Can someone make something like uberdata for our cars ;):

·
Registered
85 Posts
that's a good question, and I think I haven't seen that mentioned on any hyundai sites since I've been around. I think some honda guys should be contacted to get more info on how uberdata, crome, and those types of programings actually work. Maybe it would be to some extent applicable to hyundais new and/or old models

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You can reprogram the EEPROM through this line using the proper scan tool. Up untill now all you can actually is download the existing eeprom into the scan tool, then take it to a terminal and update it with new factory programing, then take it back to the car and upload it onto the EEPROM. Usually this is done only through factory requests, or when replacing ecms or similar scenarios.

Im sure someone somewhere can come up with a program to write premade EEPROM memories to suit such things as turbos, NO2 and the such. Before they used to be able to just make chips and bust open the ecm and change the chips, but now they soldered that **** on there. Plus the demand has to be pretty high for this to happen on Hyundai ecm's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The D.L.C. is more commonly used by scan tools to pull codes from the ECU to determine faults. It can be used to reprogram the ECU by the factory but doing so requires complete knowledge of the inner workings of the ECU which absolutely no manufacturer is going to make public.

Programs like Uberdata and Crome use the inner workings of the ECU which happens to have an selectable external EEPROM location built into it. They communicate to the ECU through an internal communications port, not through the D.L.C.

Developing programs like Uberdata and Crome require someone who is really good at coding and many years of development with lots of trial and error.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nuts that you're in Singapore. Too bad people in North America have not figured out how to crack our ECU.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Harmony said:
Programming using OBD 2 socket is quite a common thing now. For Hyundai, I have been doing it since 2004. I have got some interesting info at: www.harmony.sg

Cheers
SO your saying YOU can REWRITE Hyundai ECUs? Dude let me know I need something like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, its not a common thing and its not widely available as well. I don't know how to go about tuning for you guys in the States. Unless you are ready to send me your ECU.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Would that be such a great idea? I am under the impression the reprogramming works better with the ecu in the car, so you can get real-time data from it and inputs on how the modifications to the car affect the ECU.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
good find. I think you can get a lot of business if you leak out the secret on how to REMAP the ECU's to someone in north america, we are all using either some kind of piggyback or a standalone, which i would prefer something more like the honda guys have, Hondata, you know something to just keep our ECU and remap / tune it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Here in Greece anyone of the "tuners" can retune the hyundai ecus. You just go and leave the car for 2 hours and you're done. It's either a preprogrammed ecu which I don't like as it is not for your car but for every accent - elantra - tib and of course it's the dyno-tune which is better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Japakos, I am glad that someone in Greece is doing this. I have spoken to lots of people over the world and some of them don't believe that we can do direct Original ECU Programming.

How much does it cost for the 2 hours type of tuning and the dyno tuning in Greece?

You are sure they are not adding anything to the ECU, not a piggyback?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
They unsolder the ecu's epprom , they put it in some kind of electronic tuner, they tune it , and resolder again. It's around 400 euros for the programming.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, I understand now. They are doing the chipping method. That is they do not have the ability to communicate with the ECU directly from the OBD2 port.

What they do is they read the EEPROM and after changing the setting, they write the EEPROM and resolder on the PCB of the ECU. This was the method I used 4 years ago. Its very tough if you are doing dyno tune as you have to have multiple soldering.

In fact, you can do that with most of BOSCH and Siemens ECU.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any update? Are there fellows who are able to do ECU tuning in the States now?
yes ngm do it. But i want to know how you do it cause where i live nobody do this for Hyundai please.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
NGM? WHo? as far as I know there is NO retunning or rechipping or reflashing available for Hyundais. There is something for the Delta Tibs with their supercharger systems I believe but non for any other cars. Powerchip does small changes in the ecu but only small...

·
Registered
686 Posts
ngmhouseofpower.com offers reflashes for the 2.0L and 2.7L engines. right now he's experimenting to see if the same reflashes work on the 2.0L kia engines as well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts