Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howde! yes im new and yes i didnt search the web and other topics on this forum but couldnt find any info.
right my prob. is that my accent x3 reverse lights arent working ive checked the bulbs and the fuse box for faults. yet when i engage reverse i get no lights! any helpin findin the faught and how much its gonna cost me?
rember im a student so no ideas like buy a new gearbox ( and bear in mind i have the technical know how of that of a blind and slightly retarted mouse)
ThanX

·
Registered
427 Posts
Beg borrow or steal a multi-meter.
The reverse light switch is on the top of the Trans. (Can't miss it ... it's got two wires off of it)
Unplug it, and put the trans in reverse. Check the continuity between the pins of the switch ... if there is continuity, the switch is fine, turn your ignition on and cross the pins in the plug, the lights should go on. If they don't the wiring is broken somewhere.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Here is your backup switch. Picture looking down into engine bay to the right of the engine.

If you do find the backup switch to be working ok then I would check the ground and then the wiring at the connectors next.

Ground is here:

for 3 Door
for 4 Door

The only connectors between the backup switch and the reverse lights are MR05 and SR05/SR06 which are just connectors.

MR05 - Pin 12 is Power for lamps, Pin 8 is ground

The other connectors inbetween are the ones to the fuse box and you would be having a lot more difficulties with those ones if it is wrong.

Hope this helps, definately test the back up sensor first though. save yourself a lot of time. if you dont have a multimeter get your interior light bulb and some thin wire, hook the wire up to each of the pins on the sensor and either side of the bulb, put into reverse and see if it lights up.

--Aaron--

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yippie it work the switch was f**ked
£3 for a new one from scrappy
no more shoddy mechcanhinc trying to make me buy a new gear box ( mot time )
at other £400
thanxs :lol:8D
Thanxs again

·
Registered
466 Posts
Glad to see it was an easy one. Stay away from that mechanic...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts