Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
hyundaiman1 said:
any of you guys know where i can get a ricer muffler?
ebay they are cheap and easy :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
probibly from a ricer or autozone, just look for a riced out car and take the clamps that are holding the muffler onto the pipe off it is yours. Be warned do not let the 4" tip fool you the inlets off ricer mufflers or ricer cars are 1" to 1.5"

·
Registered
502 Posts
they sell em on ebay all the time for like around $20-$40
inlets are fine too the one I got had a 2 and a half inch inlet and it was $23
5zigen fireball style muffler. then installing it wont cost more then $40, if you cant weld.

other then that I saw Kragen auto parts selling a Carbon Fiber one for $40, and sometimes Autozone has some.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn, I had one with a giant 4" tip and a 2.25" inlet that was sitting around my apartment before it got tossed!

Ebay that muffler. Sometimes you can get 2 for $40 shipped.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have issues with those mufflers... my car has destroyed 3 of them. I dunno which brand they were but they were the oval ones. They were a name brand from my exhaust shop. I paid like 100 for the first one and they kept replaceing them because they kept failing. So if you are going to get one of these mufflers I would say spend no more that $10-$40.
The autozone ones are over priced.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I got one if your interested. Its a 2.25 inlet with 2 2.5 outlets...just metal shaped like a muffler but makes all the rice noise.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i got the swap meet special for $35. its not big and has a nice low tone even when floored. i spent 30bucks at the auto hobby shop on base. $5 to rent the stall and $25 for the staff to weld it on. very happy.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
OCCASIONALLY i'll see some at junkyards, especially in the Honda section.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i like the n1 knockoff's..

with the computer welding and the burnt tip, and welded at an angle to the car..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts