Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have been lurking for a couple years now (about as long as I've had my car) and I would like to start off by thanking you for all of the help I have gotten from reading about other peoples similar problems. Anyways, I have searched for hours (no exaggeration) and cannot seem to find what I want.

Here is my question. I am planning to lower my car (looks/handling) and upgrade from 13" steelies to some decent rims and some good tires. I am torn between B and G springs and Eibach pro kit springs. I know the eibach drops a little less. Not a major issue. Which springs would be best? I have heard good and bad about both, but never a decent opinion. What size rim/tire combo could if fit under the dropped car? I was thinking of just going up to a 14" but am pondering a 15". Rubbing issues?

So basically, Eibach vs B&G and 14" vs 15". Any pics are welcome as well.

PS: I have a 2002 4dr accent. white. thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
So basically, Eibach vs B&G and 14" vs 15". Any pics are welcome as well.

PS: I have a 2002 4dr accent. white. thanks
i don't think the eibach vs b&g matters. i dont think the 14 vs 15 matters.

all that matters is the tire width and wheel offset.

a 195 tire will fit, period. a 205 tire will fit with a 42 -45 mm offset wheel, and will rub slightly with a 38 mm wheel.

no guarantees, just lots of experience with an x3. i also have a pure stock 2001 4dr accent. silver ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
i had 15's on my car with my apex springs
and my car has a 4" drop...

i have 15's for my car as well, and it only rubs when people sit in the back seat...

·
Registered
427 Posts
I run 16s on my X3 (99) ... I had 205/45s on there, and they rubbed, so now I'm going with 195/45s
According to the tire calculator, that is the correct upsize.
For 15s, it should be 185/55 but 195/50 will work and is a popular size.
I run stock suspension, so I can't help with lowering.
Up here in the winter we get like 2ft of snow everytime the wind blows so I don't want to lower the car.
After looking around and asking, I've decided to just upgrade the swaybars and maybe put strutbars just to tighten the cornering without losing ride quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts