Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm look for rims and tires for my 99 accent. i want to put some rims on my car but can't decide what size. i don't want to scrub like hell but i also want to keep stock suspension for a while what can i do?

·
Registered
435 Posts
i am also lookin for rims. i got a 2003 LC2 GT and i was thinking of goin wiht 17x7's but i heard they will rub real bad in corners, i do a lot of autox so rubbin is a no go. i also heard 17's would be too heavy and actually slow the car down. would a 16x7 work?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
accentdriver0315 - I'm not real familiar with the older Accents...sorry. I do know that the bolt pattern is 4x113mm, though.

accent2003gt - You will most likely get some rubbing with 17x7's on your car...and they would be hell in AutoX...glad to see you want to do things right, though. Even 16's would still be a little on the big/heavy side for AutoX. IMO, your best bet would be a set of lightweight 15's. Other AutoXers on here may say different, but that would be your best setup in my experience. Also, front and rear strut bars and a rear sway bar make a huuuuge handling difference in our Accents. You can get all 3 of these things from PSC: http://www.performancestylingcentre.com.au

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i was gonna go with 15x7s for the accent, because it only comes with 13s factorys and the strut bar does hang down too low. The only racing we do around here is sprint though.

·
Registered
631 Posts
What strut bar is hanging too low?

It will be hard to find 15x7s that are affordable if you choose to keep the captive rotors. I swapped to the Tib setup and I'm running 15x7 Rota Slipstreams, but that will push you up into an autocross class you'd probably rather not be in. I'd just go with a set of 15x6.5 Rota Slipstreams.

Here is a link to the Alabama Region SCCA. Racing is closer than you think. http://www.alscca.org/

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah, you do that...

·
Registered
631 Posts
I got mine from Serious Auto. $450 for the set is the going rate.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Birmingham right now, Auburn in July. War Damn Eagle! :D - will be right down there by you. I'm transferring to finish my engineering degree.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts