Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinkin about changin the rims and tires for my 01 tib

would 17 x 7 (PCD 4x114.3 - ET 42) rims with 205/40R17 tires fit without any modifications?

and do you guys know any good site to shop those?
thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea those will fit fine, that is the most popular size people get including myself. but you may get minor rubbing, not alot though.

and if your really about performance get lightweight rims and drop it to 16" instead of 17", imma downsize as soon as i can get someone to import my rims from japan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had 17's on my car at stock height with no rubbing... well... unless u take a corner doing like 50.. then expect some rub. I lowered my car car 2.8" with the same rims/tires (205/40/17)... and still had no rub. Mind you... i don't drive like an ass around corners or go speeding over bumps, if that's your drive style, then expect minor rub. I then switched my rim/tires to 18" with a 215,35 profile. I had lots of rub until I replaced my strusts to the KYG2's and also keeping my springs in. Next year I plan on squeezing 19"s on my car (if possible). I figure that I might have to put back in the stock springs to make them fit and decrease my tire profile to a 215,30 profile. So.......... that's my experiences so far.... hope it helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts