Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about purchasing some new ones in the near future when i replace my tires. i have a few questions if someone could help please:]

1. Is the lug pattern 4x100? im not really sure.

2. are 18's tp big for an 01? my ride already sits kidda lower than normal so i dint know if i would run into some rubbing problems

3. is there anyother things that need to be bought when changing from new rims from the stock? besides tuner lugs?

THANK YOU SO MUCH
-HOOK

·
Registered
67 Posts
1. No the bolt pattern is 4 x 114.3 mm.

2. I wouldn't put 18" wheels on an RD Tiburon but technically they might fit. Ride, handling, acceleration and braking will be terrible but it's your choice.

3. The lug nuts you have may be alright depending on the type. Some tire shops/retailers will provide everything you need such as lug nuts and centering rings. Otherwise, you should be able to bolt them right up.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Im not sure if 18s would fit...I have 17s on mine with Toyo4 Proxys and they look great!:D

·
Registered
463 Posts
go for 18's babeh! i think they'd be good with some low-pro's!! lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
18" Rims

go for 18's babeh! i think they'd be good with some low-pro's!! lol

Hi guys I'm new to this site, I have a 01 Tib and I just purchased 18” of Ebay great looking rims, but they put the wrong shoe size on it… 225-40-18 anyhow one thing I did that help is that I took off the plastic guard inside.

But then again when I’m driving around and go into potholes I feel my tires rubbing against the fender…

Does anyone have a clue of what I should do?
- Should I change the suspension?
- Should I put some wheel spacers?
How much should that cost and where should I get my parts?
I don’t have the money to spend too much… (Oh yeah and I live in Canada…)

Off topic, tomorrow I will go to the mechanics’ so he can pierce my race headers so I can get rid of my cel problem (Thanks for this site providing me the answer), and to put the direct bolt-on catback that I got off ebay… I also have an AEM cold air intake, what else should be next for improving my car??? What about clutches and flywheel?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Theres alot of people that are rolling on 18's and are even lowered (Eibach drop is about as low as you want to go, unless you have adjustable suspension). If you're hitting your fender, you can roll it to prevent rubbing. There are some FAQ's and alot of threads on Hyundai Aftermarket about the subject. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had 18's on my '00 tibby and they looked too big plus it rode horribly. So I switched them out for some 17" Konigs and im completly satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts