Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting this sub/box combo in the near future.http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QHDItX6DOph/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=575PL3110&g=510 Before I started researching car audio I bought a PB446 Pyramid Reno Series amp in haste because it was cheap.

The amp is "600" watts. I read somewhere that rms is usually 70.7% of the max, so I calculated it out to be about 424Wrms. The sub that I'm planning on getting takes 100-400Wrms. I'm wondering if I could use this sub with said amp until I can fork out some more cash for a higher quality one, or am I just looking for disaster?

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That amount of power should not be a problem.The amp will probably not put out 424Wrms anyway.

And yes you are correct.RMS which is continous power, is about 70.7% of Peak power.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I figured that the rms probably wouldn't be as high as the 70.7% of max because of the amp being a sub-par model, but I just wanted to be safe. Plus I wasn't sure if the extra 24 watts would be a problem. Can't wait to get my system finished. :devious:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know.I can't wait to finish mine,either!! It's been about 2 years,and I've changed my mind like 3 times as to how I want my system.I think I got it this time!!:smoking:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh oh... I've been working on mine for less than a month. :nervous: Looks like I have a long road ahead of me. Hope I'll be happy with it for long enough before I decide to change it up. Gotta make the car go fast too. :evil:

Oh yeah, one more question. I already have a qlogic bandpass box, and was thinking about using that and just buying the punch sub without the box in the package. They recommend the sub to be used with a sealed or ported enclosure. Would it be fine with the box that I already have?

[Edited by occultworks on Sep 26, 2004 8:43 AM]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Usually if the sub is good for a ported enclosure,it will also be good for band pass.But to be sure,try to get hold of Fosgate technical.Also let them know what the internal airspace is of your bandpass, on both the sealed side and the ported side.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger that. Thanks. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts