Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Celica is parked for the winter and now I have a fun little 99 Accent to bomb around in. But that was only fun for about a month. It's got semi-high milage on the engine and the valves are starting to make noise in the cold. Although I'm sure it would run forever, my intention was to get to know the car for a little while and then drop a powerplant in it.

Time for an engine swap!

I've swapped boosted Toyota's, Ford flathead V8's and Subaru boxer engines into.. well.. they can (should) go into anything (everything) :)

But I've never swapped a Hyundai.

Like I said, it's a 99 Accent. 1.5L. What's the most common swap? What swaps are possible?

Are G6BA's possible? (from the Rondo)
Or G6BW's? (from the Tibby and a few other cars/suvs)

Those engines are somewhat common where I live (Sk, Canada) but do the
V6's fit inside the Accent engine bay? Do I have to weld up my own engine mounts? Are there kits available?

Can power steering assemblies be swapped?

What transaxles fit what?

Am I better off swapping in a 2.4L from something smaller?

And on a SUPER EVIL note, are there any AWD powertrains that could hypothetically fit?

Did they make any AWD's that weren't SUVs?

Where do I start, my new friends!

p.s. I look forward to spending alot of time on here.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anything will fit if you have the time or money.

A 2.0L from an elantra or tiburon will be the easiest route. Turbocharge for 300+ HP in your accent.

This has been discussed in-depth here and on other fora... do some reading, and the search button is your friend.

·
Registered
686 Posts
easiest thing to swap in is the 2.0L Beta engine from a 4cyl tiburon or 4cylinder elantra, as far as mounting that engine only the pass. side mount needs modified. the beta engines handle boost very well also.

one person that i know of on here swapped the v6 in but i never seen it running, it loks like they had it in tho.

check out the hybrid section, that is where all the threads are for engine swaps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts