Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
um... i was putting oil lines and stuff on my turbo earlier and realized that the oil drain is at the top!!

i've never rebuilt a turbo... so basically I have no knowledge on taking them apart and what not... How do i turn this thing around? I need the air outlet to be in the same location... just the oil things turned around.

Also... i freeking stripped that hex bolt in the head most people use for the oil feed. Damn thing is like in-between 5.5mm and 5.0mm and i didnt have a 5.25mm allen wrench so i tried to use the 5.0 and of course... with my luck... stripped it right out. I dont want to have to use the oil pressure senser location... is there another spot? I noticed another one of the hex bolts behind the coil packs. But chances are i will just strip that too... lol. any suggestions?

[Edited by MadHatter on Sep 21, 2004 4:55 PM]

·
Registered
697 Posts
There is 12 bolts that hold your oil part of the turbo. Unbolt them, but not all the way, and turn it until the drain is looking perpendicular to the ground.

If you stripped out your bolts then I think the only location is left is the oil sensor.....

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

These bolts, and the others, of course! Just loosen them, rotate the compressor housing, and then retighten.

·
Registered
697 Posts
NO NO NO! those bolts will loose the turbine and u will be able to rotate ur turbine, but not the oil part! there is 12 bolts i believe, 6 on each side, loosen those...

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah OdessitPashka, i think what kemper is saying is i gotta loose those ones you said to in order to rotate the oil section, then loosen the ones on the turbine section to put the air outlet back to where it needs to be.

I was figuring it was easy... and i'm glad it is!

As far as the head bolt i tried taking a hack saw and cutting a slot in it after i stripped the inside. I then tried to turn it like a screwdriver, but i stripped that too... :ermm:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
^^^

Right! OdessitPashka takes care of the oil part, mine getting the turbine outlet side where you want it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
alright we got this straight :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
i know this method is a bit dodgy, but it seems to work for me from time to time. Get the 5.5mm alan key and hammer it into the stripped bolt. Then use a adjustable spanner, or a breaker bar to turn the alan key, this should get it out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Heat it with a broad flame from an oxy. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to undo bolts when you add some heat to the situation.

·
Registered
439 Posts
MAd you don't have to heat it until it glows red. Those hex head bolts have Locktight on them. Just a little bit of heat does do wonders. I do it at work all the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts