Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just found my hks ssqv is leaking from the valve under boost =-( I see o-rings for sale but it looks like its the o-ring I dont need, Im not sure what im going to do. I need the one by the insert..... NEWAYS.... In the meantime im forced to run without a bov, I havent drove it yet. What am i too expect, I know alot of cars run w/o a bov valve, I should be alright?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I ran w/out one on mine and it would blow back pressure through the turbo and out of my air filter. Makes a fluttering noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran mine at 10-12 psi for about 6 months before I got a BOV, you will hear some compressor surge...kinda depends on your turbo as well, I am using the mitsubishi td04 15t water and oil cooled turbo, and its made to be able to run w/out a BOV up to 12psi without any damage...some on the otherhand I wouldn't...I have the same BOV as you though I don't know about you but I hate the way the hks flange works, I expected better from them...but yeah I had my BOV shoot completely off the charge pipe (so pretty much had a 1.5 inch hole in my intake pipe) I was able to drive myself home w/ it like that to fix it and the car ran shitty but it ran lol. But yeah when the BOV shot off the o-ring fell onto the street and I couldn't find it, I just weant to an ace hardware and they have every shape and size of an o-ring you can think of, just go there and get one that fits nicely in the flange and one thats thick enough so when you press the bov on it it seals everything up...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seal I need is the one by the insert, is that the one you replaced? I have a t-15 turbo... I usually run 11psi.... The flange i have is c-clipped on to a 1inch outlet, and using a piece of silicone hose I have it attached....

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
or you could just open the wastegate up to not build up boost until you get a new bov. Just an idear

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't you run the risk of damaging your throttle body?

Leaking under boost I think is less dangerous than running w/ out. Is the BOV before or after your MAF? If you can rearange things so that it is before your MAF then you run no risk at all of damaging your car.

If it is after the MAF what about recycling the leak to a point right after the MAF? AfterMAF hehehe.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bov is near the throttle and the maf is on the intake side of the turbo. I took the bov apart and put it back togother, its not leaking anymore. It just dont sound like it used to for some reason....

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hey guy don`t panic!.......remember the Alpha I /T15 combination came without a BOV. in the stock S-Coupe Turbo (7 p.s.i.) setup, so a short while without relief shouldn`t hurt.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats good to hear, I forgot about that ! Thanks! The bov is fubar right now lol leaks like hell unfort. I cant get a replacement gasket for like 3 weeks :cry: btw, hks customer support is pretty lousy. Lousy as in they wont respond to my emails or answer the phone lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts