·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*New Edit* Beta Swap Complete

thanks wytch/mystri for the hosting.

thank everyone for your help.

*edit* i started on the swap friday march 10th

would it be possible to not discharge the a/c when doing the swap?

is it possible to just disconnect the compressor and let it sit on the ground and then bolt it back to the beta after its in?

[Edited by ryanolson on Mar 12, 2006 1:19 PM]

[Edited by ryanolson on Mar 30, 2006 4:51 PM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
ya take a lot of pic and if you can video too

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kinda slow.

friday:
got motor out. forgot to disconnect fuel line and one ground :dead::dead::dead::dead: but that can be fixed. also took off transmission and clutch.

saturday:
installed clutch/flywheel/pp. had to get extra bolt for flywheel from hardware store. and also stripped out a bolt in the pp. had to tap it and use a 5/16" bolt. :dead::dead: flywheel is gonna be way out of balance probly.
started to drop motor in. extremely tight squeeze.... gave up last night.

today:

decided to disconnect trans. and drop motor in by itself and hook up the trans in the bay.

currently:
engine and trans hanging on forklift.

we're trying to figure out what our plan is gonna be with the mounts.

·
Registered
508 Posts
got any pic??? r you usee your accent tranny??

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i wish we could teleport ben to your side sonce he's a betaswap master..sortof.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
i wish we could teleport ben to your side sonce he's a betaswap master..sortof.
[/body]
hehe, yeah that would be sweeet. At a moments notice fly out to help with a swap or two.:bandit: But yeah I did that same **** with the fuel line, boy did that suck, lol. I also had to beat in the finder on the belt side to leave clearnce to change belts. But it is a tight fit.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got the motor mounted!!! i think it sits a little lower on the pass. side.

yes im using accent tranny. yes i have pics. will post them when i am done.
[body]i wish we could teleport ben to your side sonce he's a betaswap master..sortof.[/body]
please learn to teleport....
Originally posted by Accent95
I also had to beat in the finder on the belt side to leave clearnce to change belts.
[/body]
never thought of that.

btw how the hell did you get that damn hose barb back into the plastic fuel line? i think im gonna try using a heat gun to get it soft. then put a small peice of rubber line over that and put a hose clamp on it.

[Edited by ryanolson on Mar 12, 2006 7:41 PM]

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Its not strating. I was gone all weekend so I only had about 20min to look at it before I had to get home the family. Anyway, he is getting no fuel.

At the injector plug.

8vllts+-1vlt
NO AMPS

I am gonna guess and say its switching on the negative side. What Cam and crank position sensor should he be using? I think currently it has the beta cam and the alpha crank. The only other issue it has is they broke the coolant temp sensor. Thats not on the starting diagram and the ECM shouldn't look at that until it changes loop status. Could that for some strange reason be hurting things because of that warm up cycle it runs?!? :ermm:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
did he spliced the beta injector wire's with the alpha harness.??something ben said he did on his beta verna.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i switched out cam sensors to alpha now and its still not starting. and btw i think it does look at the temp sensor because when i turn the key to on, the temp guage goes all the way to red.

no i did not splice the beta injector wires. the alpha plugs are exactly the same and clicked on the injectors.

[Edited by ryanolson on Mar 13, 2006 3:39 PM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
your use the 1.6L haresse and ecm, is it plug and play??? any was try this to make a motor run you need 3 this spark/fuel/air, check if your have spark with a spark tester, and also check for fuel pression. but the best this is go on to webtec under accent 2003 and find the chart for (engine does not run),

1 - 20 of 98 Posts