Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: Okay, so I occasionally take my '93 scoupe to a parking lot about 10miles from my house and "drift" around obstacles and random turns that are in it. I have never had a problem with my handbrake not working.

I changed my rear brake shoes a week and a half ago to fix an annoying squeaking problem. I didn't do any "drifting" for about a week after that. I went to drift a couple days ago and when I pulled on my handbrake it barely slowed me down. It didn't catch and lock up my back wheels at all. For a test, I drove straight at about 15mph and pulled on the handbrake. All it did was slow me down a little.

I am thinking there is a way to just tighten something to fix this problem. If you know what I can do, let me know.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
332 Posts
ZeroPunk said:
Background: Okay, so I occasionally take my '93 scoupe to a parking lot about 10miles from my house and "drift" around obstacles and random turns that are in it. I have never had a problem with my handbrake not working.

I changed my rear brake shoes a week and a half ago to fix an annoying squeaking problem. I didn't do any "drifting" for about a week after that. I went to drift a couple days ago and when I pulled on my handbrake it barely slowed me down. It didn't catch and lock up my back wheels at all. For a test, I drove straight at about 15mph and pulled on the handbrake. All it did was slow me down a little.

I am thinking there is a way to just tighten something to fix this problem. If you know what I can do, let me know.

Thanks,
Nick
if you raise up the vehicle go underneath on the back side if each drum there should be an oval shaped rubber grommet remove this to gain access to the brake adjuster just stick a brake spoon in there and turn not till the rear wheels wont move but with a good spin go around a couple of times and then stop or you could just remove the wheel and drum and adjust the brakes from the inside

1 - 3 of 3 Posts