Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an S-coupe 5 speed turbo, the only problem is I"VE NEVER EVER seen an s-coupe on the road ANYWHERE... Why do i see soo many of them on here...

Not even Autotrader can source one for me and i've been dieing to get behind the wheel of one of these little go-karts...

Maybe someone on here wants to sell there S-coupe and doesn't live too far *within 2 hours* of Dallas/Garland TX

Either way, what are the specs on these cars, when did they make them, where did they sell them, and why have i never seen one on the road

... I'm soo confused :??:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I think the S-coupes are an overseas car not sure but i dont think they made U.S. models.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, the Scoupes were sold here as well, so ..... BUMP

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
OK ya they did make em here, i did some research and i think they made em till 96, not sure ill have to check again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
beware of the s coupe!!! the handerling on them is crap to say the least!! iv just had to have mine removed from a ditch after goin round a coner at 65 the back end went loose and it ended up rolling into a ditch!! not a pleasing experience!!
But they are built very well!! and they dont half fly!!
Im still goin to get another 1 tho!!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I have only ever seen 2 of them here in orlando. My friend used to have a scoupe TURBO!!!!! It was so beat down and ragged out though and I didnt even own my accent then so I was like wtf is this lol Looking back I should of bought it for the whole $200 he sold it...... This girl I knew had a n/a one too. Those are all I ever seen.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by bash
[body]
beware of the s coupe!!! the handerling on them is crap to say the least!! iv just had to have mine removed from a ditch after goin round a coner at 65 the back end went loose and it ended up rolling into a ditch!! not a pleasing experience!!
But they are built very well!! and they dont half fly!!
Im still goin to get another 1 tho!!
[/body]
When you lower a scoupe and put some bigger wheels on it, you can throw your scoupe in any corner you want, it won't move an inch.
Mine hasn't anyway, and I've tried :lol:

But there should be some scoupe turbo in the states, thought they are rare there.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
With a strut brace, Spax lowering springs & Pedders shocks, my (180 b.h.p.) S-Coupe Turbo (with a pair of 1.25" rear spacers) can orbit a local 30 yard diameter roundabout at a steady 60 m.p.h. in 3rd. without ANY body-roll or tyre squeal FOR EVER!.

Check out my slideshow (link below)........the car will shortly be on sale for offers in excess of £2 grand!.

Nick.:)
http://aol.photobox.co.uk/slideshow/index.html?c_album=546423

[Edited by VALKYRIE YB70 on Nov 10, 2005 8:39 AM]

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
too bad you're in the UK, i want to buy one... :(

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I see a ton of them around here in Wisconsin. I've only seen two turbos, though, both driven by grandmas. If I ever finish my X3, I'd like to someday try a beta swap on one of them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts