Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner and driver of La Pulga (The Flea) has passed away in an accident at the Salinas Speedway in PR doing what he loved most. He was attempting to obtain his NHRA Liscence in a Grand National (tube chassis). This man Kurt Garmendia best known as Misito had the fastest Accent 9.2 seconds on the 1/4 mile. He leaves behind a wife kids and friends who will miss him greatly. His shop is located in Ponce, PR, he and his team were featured in Super Street at Englishtown raceway, NJ back in the day and has been an inspiration to many in the Hyundai Communities. Please stop by djfiebre.com for a video dedicated to him with a few of his passes on the 1/4 mile which was very well done. There are also threads on www.carrito.net the hyundai section a PR forum for more info. http://www.djfiebre.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=28 hope the link works. Thank you for viewing this topic and feel free to leave a few lines from us here at HP for him at any of these forums if you wish(english is spoken there(PR) too) RIP Kurt "Misito" Garmendia, La Pulga!!!

[Edited by Ant on Mar 2, 2006 11:19 PM]

[Edited by Ant on Mar 3, 2006 9:45 PM]

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
That's sad to hear. He was definitely doing things nobody else has yet to duplicate.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
that really really sucks, i wanted to have an accent like his :cry: may he R.I.P

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
At least he did go out doing what he loved, albeit far too young. Just another reminder that racing is still very much a dangerous sport.

Question, whats happening with the race team and car? Are they going to keep the effort going or move onto new things?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was scheduled to be at an event on mid month. They are dedicating this event to him now and will be getting the car there. His body is still at the coroners waiting for ID. His body was badly burned and are waiting for dental records or other means to ID the body. Until then they will not realease for viewing and burial. The shop I haven't seen any info on what will happen, probably won't know till later on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
oh wow that is terrible news. i am so sorry to hear that. he was doing what he loved, although way too soon...

jennie :(

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
My stomach just flipped over. :(

<h1>R.I.P.</h1>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts