Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting serious about Rally X's my Accent. Any other here in the San Diego area doing the same? Drifters hit me up also. Looking for others to meet and go on drives, Palomar Mountain, Valley Center back roads, etc. Interested? Let's hang and do some damage.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
sorry to tell you.. you cant drift a front wheel drive car. And doing so on public roads is dangerous and stupid at the same time. You dont have the same amount of "controlled-uncontrol" that rear wheel cars have when drifting..

I dont condone this stupidness.. sorry.

·
Registered
270 Posts
^^^ Of course you can drift a FWD car, I do it all the time on gravel/snow covered backroads. It's actually quite easy to get the back end around just gotta left foot brake or do a Scandinavian Flick. Drifting like in the competitions on dry pavement is a different story but still possible for a professional driver. It may not look as nice but good driver would be able to get a decent drift out of a FWD car. As for public roads, for the most part I agree, you just have to use your head when doing it. I've got a lot of really good backroads near me but I am always considerate of oncoming traffic/pedestrians. I will usually go out late at night when there is little to no traffic but gives me the advantage of seeing oncoming headlights. I also make it a rule that I don't get the car loose or apex a blind turn just incase somebody is around it. Of course this also keeps my speed down significantly so I run less chance of putting it off the road.

BTW I have also run a couple of rallycrosses in the Accent as well. As far as getting people together to run backroads I wouldn't recommend it. As Vamp said, it's unsafe and stupid. Running the road by yourself is one thing because you can focus on your driving and adjust yourself according to the road conditions. As soon as you add somebody else (either passenger or another car) you'll probably kick yourself into show-off mode which means your respect for safety and the general public diminishes exponentially. As far as rallycross, yeah get out there and have fun. Try to join a local rally club and volunteer at events they're a lot of fun.

[Edited by da_moose on Feb 18, 2006 7:51 PM]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drive 365 days a year, 5 hours a day on dirt gravel and every other surface you could think. I have plenty actual race experience on and off road. Thanx for the no brainer about being able to drift a FWD car, of course you can. Secondly where I drive they are all country roads where most houses are 2 miles apart and atleast 3 miles from the road. Anyhow, I enjoy FWD an RWD vehicles I have both.

You mean to tell me you don't put your car through it's paces ever unless on a track? You're either a prude or dead. Tell me something else about racing captain obvious.

[Edited by xwalterx on Feb 23, 2006 8:45 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by xwalterx
[body]
You mean to tell me you don't put your car through it's paces ever unless on a track? You're either a prude or dead. Tell me something else about racing captain obvious.
[/body]
Pretty much, i'd rather kill myself on a track than on a road where I can put other people at harm..

Hmm.. something about racing..
----------------
race
n.
Sports.
A competition of speed, as in running or riding.
races A series of such competitions held at a specified time on a regular course: a fan of the dog races.
An extended competition in which participants struggle like runners to be the winner: the presidential race.
Steady or rapid onward movement: the race of time.

A strong or swift current of water.
The channel of such a current.
An artificial channel built to transport water and use its energy. Also called raceway.
A groovelike part of a machine in which a moving part slides or rolls.
See slipstream.
-----------------------------

Oh and you dont think that I race? lol..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/384764 check out page 6.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 22, 2006 7:55 PM]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh so that's what race means LOL :)

That's pretty awesome that you guys run at night, definitely makes things more interesting. I'm hoping that my rally club will start running a rallycross at night, but preferably during winter so there is the added excitement of snow. One of the other rally clubs nearby does run a winter rallycross series but I haven't made it out to one with school and all. But that plus running at night would be spectacular (especially with my lights).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you're missing the point if there are no people around to kill it obviosuly isn't an issue. Have fun on the track. As for where I live Palomar Mountain every weekend is the place just about every sport bike rider as well as lateral g junkies meet to put their machines to the test. Track only racing is fun on the weekends but like I said, makes the rest of the time a snooze fest. Live a little.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
[body]
I guess you're missing the point if there are no people around to kill it obviously isn't an issue. Have fun on the track. As for where I live Palomar Mountain every weekend is the place just about every sport bike rider as well as lateral g junkies meet to put their machines to the test.[/body]
Lol, if there is no one around.. than why is everyone @ 'Palomar Mountain' w/ sport bikes flying by and "g junkies".. you don't think those people count? You dont think that with all those people that the risk factor goes up? Well they will when statistics come out. I'm trying to show you how dumb that really is and sounds.

[body]
Track only racing is fun on the weekends but like I said, makes the rest of the time a snooze fest. Live a little. [/body]
Well since its too hard to get through your thick skull and this post is getting boring now pretty much if everything is a snooze fest, you need to do something else w/ your time/life. Make pottery or something.. Instead of 'race' when in fact... on these side hills or what ever the hell you doing dumb **** at, is not considered racing.. just driving fast by yourself (suposidly) so why even call that racing.. Because its not. If you drive fast with another car trying to race on the same 'backroad'.. :dead: :dead: :dead:

Well I really dont have any remorse for dumb drivers.. so have fun.

:dead:

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 23, 2006 6:55 AM]

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 23, 2006 6:55 AM]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are really dense and obviously reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points. The original post was about looking for other drivers to go on agressive drives on back roads and in the mountains. Distracted easliy? Maybe racing isn't for you.

There are hundreds of people up there for the same reason every weekend with the same expectation of safety and driver/rider courtesy. I like taking my cars on these types of drives on public roads you a do not. We get it, you obey every law and drive like a soccer mom when you're not on the track. I can't decide if you are lying or just plain, trying to be a prick. Honestly speaking, I know no one like you. Since I disagree with your exciting life, I'm wrong. Also, therefore, I am thick skulled. I just think you are a self loathing bore and take it out on people on message boards. Maybe, your pottery making advice should be taken by yourself, since you only derive fun from being on the track. I can't imagine what else you do for fun in between races.

Secondly you must feel stupid knowing you are proven wrong every time a FWD car drifts at a rally, drift event. You claim to know about racing and ignore this? I love your fake, condescending commentary about "controlled-uncontrol". You make this all sound so macho. Also, your car's profile is comical. The 7.2" monitor, DVD player, and PS2 must make the car handle awesome in a race. That stereo must sound awesome when your taking the checkered flag. I'd pay to see you run and hopefully have some of that crap fly off and smack you in the head. You could have your wish of getting killed on the track . Maybe it would take the asshole out of you. Pimp my ride called, they said you suck.

Look, you act all race, but are obviously all looks and race second. Nothing wrong with that. There's a place for you in front of every high school every afternoon trying to cruise chicks. Just don't come on here and try to "put people in their place" about racing. Cause obviously my comittment is to racing and yours is to having a "booming" system. Remorse for dumb drivers is one thing. Pity for people with bad mods is another. Just think, you could have built a real race car with all the money you wasted on:

-Interior:
7.2in Monitor
PS2
DVD Player
Underdash and Rear Seat Blue Neons
All Stock interior bulbs blue

-Exterior:
15" ADR 195/50/15
5% Window Tint
Windsheild Tint Banner
Custom Mesh Grill
My Clear Corners DIY
Custom Blinker Mod

-Sound:
Custom Subwoof Box
Panasonic CD/MP3 Player
2- 12" Sony Subs
1,000 Watt Amp

Lastly, this is a quote -----> ". This is and apostrophe ---------> '. Jesus, maybe you are mentally incapacitated.

:eek: Oh Damn!

[Edited by xwalterx on Feb 23, 2006 10:00 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
lol, i'm not even going to bother to read that novel in which you probably say blah blah blah.. I"m cool.. blah blah blah. So f it.

I did read the part about my car.. about 2k for everything. Yea I could of gotten a Beta Swap for free on 2 occasions.. but regretfully declined. I could of made a turbo kit w/ the money I have now.. but why bother.. I just bought a faster car. Oh well, have fun with 'drifting'. I'll be the bigger man (and 10 yrs younger than you might I add) and walk away. Have fun.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 23, 2006 11:01 AM]

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
I'm going to step in here for Adam.

I've known him for a while and got him into racing. He doesn't have all that crap in his car when he races and is actually a damn good driver (better than I expected). He is a "real" racer, even though you tend to say he isn't. In fact, he races in a fully sanctioned event (autocross) with a governing body (SCCA) with actual classes, rules, points and timing. You on the other hand "drive fast" on backroads...what's racing about that? Is there any competition involved or is it just for a rush? If there's no competition, it isn't really racing now is it?

As for your "safe" events. Sure, you'll have people up there that respect each other and stay out of each other's way, but it all it takes is one hothead to think he's a badass and people are going to get hurt.

BTW, before you try, don't try to say anything at all about me spending money on non-race things on my car or not racing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10 years younger and proves my point exactly. You think younger means better or someting delusional like that. Funny, cause out of all that lame posting you've done, you've still only come up with you be younger and it being better. You talk the talk and don't walk the walk. Go back to the last point made. My last point (since you have the inability to read anything longer than...Nevermind I just lost you 3 lines ago.)

Also if you just bought a faster car, than why all the upgrades in the hyundai? I smell bullshit.

As for you 4DR GL, my point was that he talked a lot of **** about racing and has a car full of stereo and pimp my ride mods. My point was that him be so "race" minded he owns a lot non-sensical upgrades.

As for it taking just 1 hot head, it's like that in non-agressive driving and race situtaions. The difference here is that people are intentionally driving agressively and therefore more aware. I see hot heads on the freeway passing on the shoulder after getting cut off.

So "VAMP" (this is cute, like Maverick or Iceman) I'm glad you walked away from this thread. You obviously are in over your head. So, to make sure your ego stays intact, you should stay away.

http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/pimp_my_ride/series.jhtml

Adam aka "VAMP" and his mafia car should've ejected long ago.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
*Also if you just bought a faster car, than why all the upgrades in the hyundai? I smell bullshit.

-Cause I sold the goddamn thing moron. I sold my coilovers, rims, strutbars, and TV to forum Members.. Than the car to my g/f bro-in-law.

*As for you 4DR GL, my point was that he talked a lot of **** about racing and has a car full of stereo and pimp my ride mods. My point was that him be so "race" minded he owns a lot non-sensical upgrades.

-He just got done saying that I dont race w/ my stuff in my car. Full TRUE coilovers, Strut Bars, AutoX Tires... Is that "not race enough?" Do I need big ass lighting on my hood and a roll cage and race on dirt? Why is it "rice" to have stuff in your car that you can enjoy. I go to car shows and what not.. instead of having a POS stripped car all the time. Actually I think you are jelous.. Where are the pics of your car and mod list to actually back up your car.. or even if you have an Accent.? Lol Rob.. I think he doesnt think you race either.

*As for it taking just 1 hot head, it's like that in non-agressive driving and race situtaions. The difference here is that people are intentionally driving agressively and therefore more aware. I see hot heads on the freeway passing on the shoulder after getting cut off.

-So people that drive on the shoulder to pass another car do it accidently and not intentionally.. yea.. ok. :dead:

*So "VAMP" (this is cute, like Maverick or Iceman) I'm glad you walked away from this thread. You obviously are in over your head. So, to make sure your ego stays intact, you should stay away.

-HAHAHAHAHAHA

*Adam aka "VAMP" and his mafia car should've ejected long ago.

-Lol.. ouch...

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 23, 2006 3:30 PM]

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
[body]
As for you 4DR GL, my point was that he talked a lot of **** about racing and has a car full of stereo and pimp my ride mods. My point was that him be so "race" minded he owns a lot non-sensical upgrades.
[/body]
So he likes to have a good stereo, so what? I've seen him stay up till 1:00 or 2:00 the morning before a race stripping his car to have it race ready. That sure says "ricer" to me :ermm:

[body]
As for it taking just 1 hot head, it's like that in non-agressive driving and race situtaions. The difference here is that people are intentionally driving agressively and therefore more aware. I see hot heads on the freeway passing on the shoulder after getting cut off.

So "VAMP" (this is cute, like Maverick or Iceman) I'm glad you walked away from this thread. You obviously are in over your head. So, to make sure your ego stays intact, you should stay away.
[/body]
If anybody is going to be in over there head, it's you, and quick.

Real racing bodies (read: SCCA, NASA, PCA, BMWCCA, USAC, etc etc) have REAL rules, REAL regulations, REAL safety inspectors, etc, that make sure mishaps don't occur. Your "racing" as you call it, doesn't, and is in fact much more likely to have a problem of some sort.

If you really like rallying, try a rallycross or or rallyspring with a sanctioned SCCA club. We have them here in Vegas a few times a year on the dry lake beds south of town.

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
[body]
Just getting serious about Rally X's my Accent. Any other here in the San Diego area doing the same? Drifters hit me up also. Looking for others to meet and go on drives, Palomar Mountain, Valley Center back roads, etc. Interested? Let's hang and do some damage.
[/body]

You would think that someone who is 30 years old, would have a little more intelligence. :sleepy: I would expect to see stuff like this from little ricer boys who watch F & F and Initial D, like its the bible of tuning.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I think it's a bit too much Initial D. It sure sounds like it. Just twisted a little to make it sound cooler. Seriously? If you want to race, do it at a sacntioned event. Least there's a medical crew around if anything goes wrong. Mountains are fun, I do enjoy the occasional mountain road, but it's way off race pace[140-170km/h as opposed to what, 240-290km/h on the track?] but still, its risky.

If you're going to go all out, you'd seriously want a cage, a harness, and an extinguisher system[although 2 extinguishers will be good enough]. Driving aggressively on deserted roads just for fun isn't racing; it's just for a rush, that's all. It isn't racing unless there's a trophy or at least a plaque that acknowledges your participation in an event waiting for you at the end.

If you want to say that I'm a stuffy guy who's only got the cojones to do this on a closed course, then so be it. It's not my problem. At least I know I can trust in the skill and race craft of my fellow drivers. Instead of having it at the back of my mind that I'm miles from help, there are others who might be going in the opposite direction, or that someone might be spun out around the blind S-turn in front with no marshalls to put the yellow up.

Make no mistake, it's a boatload of fun to be where there are no rules and everyone's just out for a blast, but it's still just a Sunday drive, not a trackday.

As for the FWD thing, you can get a FWD car sideways, but it's more like playing with weight shift than breaking the rears loose.

[Edited by MechaniX_034 on Feb 23, 2006 11:03 PM]

·
Registered
466 Posts
Grow the fuc|< up xwalterx

do it on the track and dont risk other peoples lives. I certainly dont enjoy seeing someone come around a blind corner 'DRIFTING' straight for me...

You have put crap on some really good actual racers so that you can say that your 'RACING' is better...

Better if your in the coffin business... :dead::dead::dead: and a few more dead smileys :dead::dead::dead:

--Aaron--

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
hmmm... no answer from him in a while... lol. Wonder if he decided to "rally" race and ran off the side of a cliff. Someone should call him and make sure hes ok. (***) ***-4932.:dead:

Like someone said:
Originally posted by Someone
[body]
Well, I would not be inclined to take him very seriously unless he posts up the following:

-Pics of car
-List of mods
-Pics of parts installed
-Driver's ID
-Event entry reciepts that match the driver's details on the licence, and the car's number.

[/body]
So i'll go ahead and do it

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 25, 2006 1:54 PM]

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is the funniest thing I have ever read.

You guys are getting all worked up over Walter asking if there is anyone out there who would like to run some back road Rally X.

He started talking **** after VAMP smashed him. I think anyone of you including me and VAMP would get defensive if there first post was met with
"I dont condone this stupidness.. sorry. "

He didn't ask you to. He wanted to know if there was anyone out in San Diego area who did.

I'm sure you are all very good racers and have wonderful mods on your cars but that isn't the point. The point is the guy was asking if there was anybody who wanted to do some back road Rally X and he got defensive when he was disrespected.

Anyways If he races as much as he says he does maybe he has some other knowledge he can share and not just hate. Lets be alittle more productive.

Oh yeah, incase you where worried. I talked to Walter and he's fine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts